[#1894] Selected by default option doesnt work

13 years 10 months ago #134289 by fepa
I have 2 child plans which give access to the same menu item. Users need to be subscribed to EITHER one of them, not both to have access.

When the user tries to access the menu item and hasn't registered to either of those plans he is suggested to subscribe but BOTH plans appear ticked by default.

In the workflow tab both plans are set to NO in the "selected by default option". Both plans should appear non-selected so the user chooses only one of them.

Any workarounds?

Thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/21 16:43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134370 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Selected by default option doesnt work
Only work around is to set them to Exclusive, which would allow only subscribing to one of the plans rather then both at any given time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134620 by fepa
Thankyou for your answer.

With this solution the user will be forced to select at least one of the child plans when selecting the parent? As i understand this is how exclusive plans work.

In my case the parent plan is free and the user should be able to register the parent (free) subscription with one, all or none of the child plans selected.

The thing is children plans shouldn't all be ticked by default when suggesting the user to subscribe after a restricted menu is clicked.

13 years 10 months ago #134679 by krileon

With this solution the user will be forced to select at least one of the child plans when selecting the parent? As i understand this is how exclusive plans work.

Correct.

In my case the parent plan is free and the user should be able to register the parent (free) subscription with one, all or none of the child plans selected.

Add another Child plan that is free and exclusive (ensure your other plans allow upgrading, but the free should not).

The thing is children plans shouldn't all be ticked by default when suggesting the user to subscribe after a restricted menu is clicked.

If all 3 protect the same area they'll automatically be checked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138341 by fepa
Is there any plan to solve this on next versions?

If plans A, B and C protect the same content, they should be suggested to the user, but not preselected even if there is no exclusive plan.

Its confusing for the user to be presented with a screen with all options selected and expected to deselect all those he doesn't want to buy. As if you go to a restaurant and you are asked to deselect all dishes that you don't want instead of selecting those you do.

Thankyou.

13 years 8 months ago #138380 by krileon
Was able to confirm and have created a bug ticket for issue to be further addressed. Please note this is working as intended, but do feel this is classified as a bug. Pre-selecting all plans seams unreasonable.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn