[SOLVED] table reaches maximum database

14 years 1 week ago #129605 by jakobe75
I did perform the fix.
But nothing was fixed and the same errors remained.

And I still cannot add new fields of any type.

This is the error I get when trying to add a field.

(In this case the field I was trying to add was a 50 state drop down list.)

moscomprofilerFields::store failed: CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn (ADD) of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_featuredent1 failed with SQL error: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_comprofiler`\n ADD `cb_featured1` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL\nCBSQLupgrader::changeColumn (ADD) of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_featuredent1_desc failed with SQL error: Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_comprofiler`\n ADD `cb_featuredent1_desc` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_comprofiler`\n ADD `cb_featured1_desc` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL

additionally, when adding a regular text field called
cb_tester.. I get this error.

moscomprofilerFields::store failed: CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_tester failed because the column type text could not be determined (not starting with sql:).

this is a sample of the errors the CB Tools reports.
In total there are about 35 of these entries.

CB fields data storage Database adjustments errors:
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_businessname type is TEXT instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_businessname failed because the column type TEXT could not be determined (not starting with sql:).
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_streetaddress type is TEXT instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_streetaddress failed because the column type TEXT could not be determined (not starting with sql:).
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_city type is TEXT instead of being prefixed by "sql:"
CBSQLupgrader::changeColumn of Table #__comprofiler Column cb_city failed because the column type TEXT could not be determined (not starting with sql:).
Table #__comprofiler Column cb_clubcountry type is TEXT instead of being prefixed by "sql:"

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/04/08 17:48

Post edited by: jakobe75, at: 2010/04/08 17:57

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 week ago #129607 by jakobe75
Ummm...... something is not right

so I have been doing some research and have found very few options to get around this limitation

one of them is the original CB supported fix.
do you remember a few posts back.

I asked you to look at my code to see if it was correct?

this was the code:
[code:1]</params>
</field>
<field type="text" label="Text Field">
<data name="" nametype="namesuffix" type="text" null="true" default="NULL" strict="false" />
<params>[/code:1]

you had said it was indeed correct.
but this just kept spitting errors.

Should my code be this instead?:

[code:1]</params>
</field>
<field type="text" label="Text Field">
<data name="" nametype="namesuffix" type="sql:text" null="true" default="NULL" strict="false" />
<params>[/code:1]

?

"text" or "sql:text"

Also after making these changes is it necc to restart the serverr or anything?

even with "sql:text"
although I get no CB tools errors.. but I still cannot create fields.

I am dead in the water.. I really dont have alot of fields, but I guess I am over the limit, this crushes my site permanently as I cannot reduce fields.

(nor do I know how to alter the mysql core tables to achieve some other fix)

14 years 1 week ago #129709 by krileon
Please PM Joomla backend credentials, FTP credentials, and phpmyadmin credentials; will perform the change for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 days ago #130185 by latino
Hi:

It happens to me too. I spent 3 hours looking into it (even re-installed CB). Need to know this:

which one is the change for the cb.core.xml file?

I tried with both and no changed was done to the db. Maybe the tools have a bug since I am having this issue too.

If you can check the procedure again so it is easy to follow better.

Please fix this CB limitation since is around since CB 1.2 RC3.

B)

Post edited by: latino, at: 2010/04/14 06:26

14 years 5 days ago #130200 by jakobe75
nobody could give me straight answer for this...

but I used sql:text

and so far so good..I am able to add fields again
and I am also able to run tools without errors.

however this only worked for text fields ..multi drop is still unuseable.

you can find more details
If you google search for "sql:text" or "text vs varch@r"
(no @ symbol..the forum wont let me post that word)

I agree, thats this issue should have been address long ago , and LONG before CBsubs was rolled out.

14 years 5 days ago #130234 by krileon
latino wrote:

sql:text is the correct usage.

latino wrote:

Please fix this CB limitation since is around since CB 1.2 RC3.

jakobe75 wrote:

I agree, thats this issue should have been address long ago , and LONG before CBsubs was rolled out.

This is NOT a CB bug, it is a limitation of MYSQL. There is NO workaround other then lowering the amount of KB a field consumes. This means the fields size needs to be reduced. If you change it from 255 to 125 that means the field can ONLY hold 125 characters instead of 255. We ARE addressing this issue for CB 2.0 with a new method for handling fields; this has been said numerous times already. :)

Neither of you paid mind to my previous post and PMed me the credentials I need as I offered to perform the change my self manually. Time that could be more spent on development or helping numerous other users, but even this was overlooked. We can not help you if you won't read our replies. :angry:

Please see the following changes to help reduce field size usage.

Text Fields
TO: sql:text

Select Fields
TO: sql:mediumtext

Email Address Fields
TO: sql:varchar(100)

Radio Fields

Web Address Fields

After making the changes to cb.core.xml simply run CB tools and let the tools apply the changes. This should reduce the size usage of some columns and allow addition of more fields.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/14 20:50

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn