File Field plugin breaks under certain languages

10 years 3 months ago #137978 by nant
ericv wrote:

If you want a user/pass for the server to check out let me know, but updating to 1.2.3 did not fix it.


Sure, PM me backend superadmin access and i will take a look.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #137987 by ericv
Ok, so get this.

I read down through some other posts, and I found another one that was having a similar issue that the user profile wasn't loading in French. They resolved it by downloading and installing a new CB language file.

Thread is here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,134837/catid,113/

So I thought it was as good a shot as any so I removed my old CB French plugin and installed the new one. And it worked!!!!! Even with the file attach field.

So this tells me that the other languages that aren't working. Portuguese, Arabic and German could likely be problems with the language file.

Any advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #138005 by nant
Sounds like the issue is with the language plugin then - not the file field plugin.

I visited your site.

When I switch to Brazilian I see the following chars on your (not really empty screen as you say): 

This information would have helped earlier.

Looks like your language files have BOM chars in them.

The filed need to be saved as utf-8 encoded files which should solve the issue.

Official CB Language forge projects are here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb?jump=welcome

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #138008 by ericv
Nant,

Thanks for checking. I went to the forge site you had linked, and there are no language files to download.

I went and downloaded the Portuguese plugin that apparently works, and works when the FileAttach plugin is not enabled.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,439/Itemid,55/

I uninstalled the old plugin, and installed this one. I didn't touch a single file, and when the fileattach plugin is not enabled, the language works great. If it wasn't UTF-8, wouldn't it be failing normally as well as when the fileattach plugin is enabled?

What would that fileattach be calling from that language file?

The languages all work great when the fileattach plugin is turned off. There has to be something in there that's conflicting somehow.

As far as those chars that were on the page, those don't appear now that I have reinstalled the language file for Portuguese.

Thanks,
Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #138011 by ericv
I found it...

I took a look at the fileattach code, and it was importing the cbteamplugins_language.php file for each language.

The part that was funny was that even though it was importing it, none of it was translated. So even the languages that were working, the plugin wasn't pulling any translations.

I'm guessing that the cbteamplugins files that were UTF8 were being accepted and the plugin worked, but the ones that weren't UTF8 caused the plugin to error out.

So I went through and replaced the cbteamplugins file of the languages that weren't working with the English version that was working and they are all working now.

Thanks for helping out and being a sounding board.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #138038 by nant
Glad we verified that incomplete/bad language plugins were the cause.

The forge area does have language plugins for various languages already: German and French

and hopefully more people will offer to organize other areas.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn