[SOLVED] insert custom hyperlink in each profile?

13 years 10 months ago #132937 by daywalker0028
I want to put a hyperlink somewhere in the CB User Profile page view - either as a text link (e.g. <a href="http://this kind of link code">sample text link) or a graphical button.

The URL of this link/nav button should be different for each CB User Profile and it should be editable only by the website administrators (from the admin back end) and NOT by any of the users - at least not by any free registered users.
If necessary, I am ok with allowing paid subscribers to have edit rights to this field.

I want this link to be located either as a TAB (with the Tab itself being the hyperlink or as a child of a "See My AD" Tab with the hyperlink located inside the field data window (the box located below the Tabs), just like the rest of the other Tab's registration field data.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/14 20:46

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133009 by krileon
You can easily add such hyperlink using a delimiter field then adding a unique substitution such as the following to generate dynamic links.

[code:1]
<a href="www.invalid.com/code.php?user=[user_id]">Sample Link</a>
[/code:1]

The substitution [user_id] will append the actual users User ID to the URL. Substitutions for any user field are available as well as much more; please see tutorials in signature for substitution usage.

Additional you could manually enter the URLs on a user by user basis using a Web Address field that is set to Read Only (so users can't edit it).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133043 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:how 2 insert custom hyperlink in each cb profile

Additional you could manually enter the URLs on a user by user basis using a Web Address field that is set to Read Only (so users can't edit it).

Thank you.
That was the method I was looking for.

And the other dynamic solution for a text hyperlink sounds pretty handy, too.

I hope to put that to use in the future.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn