[SOLVED] Ajax Field in module

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154333 by planetvirtual
[SOLVED] Ajax Field in module was created by planetvirtual
Hello,
I'm just getting into using the Ajax plugin and i find it wonderful but I'm having trouble trying to do something. I have a "motto" field where users can put a quick one sentence motto or slogan that they can change often. I want this ajax field to show in a module using the cbcontent module but it will only display the text, it wont give me the ajax properties of quick editing. Am I doing something wrong or this is not yet implemented? If it is not implemented yet, is it too difficult and time-consuming to do so? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154406 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Ajax Field in module
Ajax is not designed to be used outside of profile. Anywhere else it will simply just display the value. If you're using CB 1.4 you can now specify Default, Output, Formatting, Reason. The below maybe able to achieve what you're wanting.

[cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /]

More on substitutions at the below link. Again the ajax is designed for profile and userlist usage only. You may need to change the reason to List in order for the ajax to load in, but it should do so with the above assuming it's supported.

www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tto

13 years 2 months ago #154437 by planetvirtual
Replied by planetvirtual on topic Re: Ajax Field in module
Hello! :)

Thank you for the help! This worked like a charm. Those substitutions are awesome!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn