CB 2.0 ideas discussions

13 years 10 months ago #132334 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 2.0 ideas discussions
KatoKalin,
Security and privacy control is a very good point. We will further improve these aspects in CB 2.0. Just wanted to point to already existing solutions for the two features you were mentioning :) :

Our team's security and privacy concerns have always been top priority, and that reflects already in current CB releases.

E.g. CB 1.2.2 users-lists already have anti-spider code in it that can be activated in list config (obviously some sites really want information to be searchable in search engines).

CB privacy plugin already allows to give control to user.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #132363 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re:CB 2.0 ideas discussions
I just wanted to mention it in a general way as I have no specific feature request here.
But it is in the news every couple of weeks, that userdata of social networks got hacked, downloaded spidered and whatever.
Sometimes those hackers can only retrieve data that users have set to public sometimes they even can hack into data that should have been visible only to their connections.
It seems that those people take some efforts to code their own engines to spider those data. I cannot say if using open source Joomla helps those hackers as the code is public. But I would like to see additional efforts against those threats.
One idea could be to only allow several profiles to be fetched per minute. Folders and fields should not to be guessed easy. Administrators should be able to set folders where to store data or secure them.

And there is another request for a feature:
I am missing a workflow for the user registration and administration. There is no communication possible from the backend. When a user registration can not be approved or needs to checked back or when a user gets disabled form the backend there is no way to give reasons and for the user there is no way to ask questions. Only ways are contact forms or emails which have their disadvantages.
My idea would be to be able to give reasons and leave meassages for a user who got disabled or disaproved. He then should receive a system email or when he trys to log in he sees the message together with a special link where he can leave a message regarding this issue. So basically this would be a special link to a mini ticket system where he can clear the issues regarding his registration or his user status.
When the issue is resolved either one or the other way, admin should be able to disable this link for the user so it cannot be abused by others or for other inquiries.
In the backend it could be done by an additional tab within the user area where admin can see the messages and reply to them.

13 years 10 months ago #132382 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:CB 2.0 ideas discussions
I'd like to automatically reject users who register from a certain email domain.

For instance, users registering from xxx@mail.ru are always spammers or hackers. I'd like to have a filter on registration which instantly rejects mail servers I can enter into the preferences...

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

13 years 10 months ago #132389 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 2.0 ideas discussions
mediaguru wrote:

I'd like to automatically reject users who register from a certain email domain.

For instance, users registering from xxx@mail.ru are always spammers or hackers. I'd like to have a filter on registration which instantly rejects mail servers I can enter into the preferences...

CB 1.2.2 has already that feature in every field, including email you can do validation, even using regexes. There are examples in the "i" box. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 10 months ago #132633 by KatoKalin
It should be possible for every field to have different title on registration or on profile display.
Currently this is only possible for the date field. But this would be a good function for other fields as well.
Also it should be possible to use a language string for it, otherwise the new title is kinda hardcoded and cannot be adjusted to the users language.

It can be done with the delimiter field however this produces weird outcome on profile edit, as the delimiter field is visible as well as the original field so it is confusing for the user.

Post edited by: KatoKalin, at: 2010/05/10 10:08

13 years 10 months ago #133221 by KatoKalin
All kinds of messages:

Customised welcome messages (e.g. different ones for users who have been invited by others. Or gender related)

Reminder messages for user who have not logged in for quite some time

Date messages for all kinds of recurring dates like birthday, annual registration date or whatever.

Defining of own workflows

So maybe there is a special registration procedure and a workflow that has to be followed. Its easy to do that if there is only one person in charge, however if tasks have to do by several people they have to stick to a workflow.
I have really no idea how this could be implemented. But it would be great to define steps that have to be done in defined cases so the moderator who is performing these steps knows what to do and how to do it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn