searchmode: search and userlist together

13 years 4 months ago #147133 by pl2003
Replied by pl2003 on topic Re:searchmode: search and userlist together
Thank for the answer, Kyle!

I already tried your first suggestion some days ago, but I put a "%20" instead of a "%2C" for the blank within "No preference" into the URL. Now I got this method working.

But about your second suggestion, I did not get your point (and I have the feeling, this could be the better solution): Where within the list editing page I can change the search mode? Do you mean I have to set an advanced Filter? If yes, which one? Or am I blinded? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147145 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:searchmode: search and userlist together

Where within the list editing page I can change the search mode? Do you mean I have to set an advanced Filter? If yes, which one? Or am I blinded?

To enable advanced search mode you need to adjust the parameter Search crieteria: at the bottom of your list.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147149 by pl2003
Replied by pl2003 on topic Re:searchmode: search and userlist together
I think you mean "Searchable fields" and not "Search criteria". If "Searchable fields" is set to something other than "No", the button "Search users" appears. But that's not the point.

The question from the topic starter (and me) is: How to show the user list and the search form together - without the need to click on "Search users".

13 years 4 months ago #147254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:searchmode: search and userlist together

The question from the topic starter (and me) is: How to show the user list and the search form together - without the need to click on "Search users".

You can't, if no search criteria is specified it will only show either/or. If you adjust the URL and add search criteria such as &username=1 then it will display both.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/30 14:32

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn