[SOLVED] Avatar Upload Problems

13 years 5 months ago #146843 by kb1lqc
[SOLVED] Avatar Upload Problems was created by kb1lqc
After moving to 1&1 shared hosting from Go Daddy I've noticed that the avatar upload for Community Builder will not work, it did in the past. I don't notice any errors and when uploading the page just reloads to the upload form again without any dialog or indications of any change. I've checked the permissions of the tmp, joomlatmp, and images/comprofiler directory permissions and tested with 777 attributes. Even with those settings I was not able to upload new images.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/20 17:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146900 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Avatar Upload Problems
777 is probably too high permissions. Please try 644, 755, and 775 to see if any of those will work. You'd need to set the permissions on images/comprofiler folder and possible the images folder as well. We've had numerous reports of users having issues with both GoDaddy and 1and1 hosting solutions. I recommend a more reliable and less "mainstream" host without lucid promises of "unlimited" usage.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/23 21:12

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149069 by JosB
Replied by JosB on topic Re:Avatar Upload Problems
Sorry, wrong board, i'm using version 1.3.1

Having the same problems on a clean install, any other suggestions?

Regards, Jos

Post edited by: JosB, at: 2010/12/20 12:51

13 years 4 months ago #149106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Avatar Upload Problems

Having the same problems on a clean install, any other suggestions?

Check within CB configuration on the Images tab and ensure everything is configured correctly. Start by using the GD library. Have you also done what I've already instructed in my previous post?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #149117 by JosB
Replied by JosB on topic Re:Avatar Upload Problems
Kyle,

i've tried a lot, except one... i just set the rights to 777 on /images/comprofiler and that did the job. :unsure:

13 years 4 months ago #149253 by neiliob
Replied by neiliob on topic Re:Avatar Upload Problems
I can upload new images and use gallery images....but they won't save. Not even clearing the cache, or restarting the browser (then too) but just changing the avatar, logging out, and logging back in again, it goes back to the default image.

I am running J! 1.5.21, and just installed CB 1.3.1 I am also connecting with Facebook via myAPI/FacebookConnector (which seems to be fine).

?!?!?!?!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn