ERROR

13 years 3 months ago #149537 by harris79
Replied by harris79 on topic Re:ERROR
I'm getting the same error.
After New install of joomla 1.5.the latest; change all collation; field and table to utf8_general_ci before installed CB 1.2.3 also getting the same problem with CB 1.3.

1. Is this error a big deal? because site seems to
be working fine. just getting this error

2. Does it matter if the collation settings are utf8_general_ci or utf8_unicode_ci I know all have to be the same for it to work right

3. I really would like a right answer seeing that I been asking the same question for a week now and I look at the FAQ and follow it to the letter same error before I did a new install and get the same error.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149546 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:ERROR
harris79 wrote:

I'm getting the same error.
After New install of joomla 1.5.the latest; change all collation; field and table to utf8_general_ci before installed CB 1.2.3 also getting the same problem with CB 1.3.

1. Is this error a big deal? because site seems to
be working fine. just getting this error

Not a big deal but it will create issues to all SQL queries which involve JOINS of the 2 tables that have columns with different collations.

2. Does it matter if the collation settings are utf8_general_ci or utf8_unicode_ci I know all have to be the same for it to work right

See previous response.

3. I really would like a right answer seeing that I been asking the same question for a week now and I look at the FAQ and follow it to the letter same error before I did a new install and get the same error.

There is no right or wrong answer - you should have your entire database using the same collation (utf8_general_ci) on all tables and on all columns of all tables.

13 years 3 months ago #149570 by harris79
I have been going through this for days now and thank you for responding back . you say that I'm missing something I can't find it. is there a tool or something that will go through the database and tell me what I'm missing?

13 years 3 months ago #149597 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:ERROR
harris79 wrote:

I have been going through this for days now and thank you for responding back . you say that I'm missing something I can't find it. is there a tool or something that will go through the database and tell me what I'm missing?

The CB tool told you what you're missing. You need to ensure all database tables in your database are the same collation. Typically this is easily changed in phpmyadmin by navigating to each table and clicking the Operations tab; from there you can change collation. All collations should likely be utf8_general_ci.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149613 by harris79
Finally got to work. sorry about all the email about the same thing. I don't understand php my admin that well. I know that all collation should be the same for it to work right. but let me ask you this

1. does it makes a difference if CB uses uft8_unicode_ci or utf8_general_ci I would like to know just for myself.

2.is there a script that you know of that I can run in phpmyadmin to change all the table and field at one time so I don't have to go to each table and field and change them one by one?

13 years 3 months ago #149635 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:ERROR

1. does it makes a difference if CB uses uft8_unicode_ci or utf8_general_ci I would like to know just for myself.

Yes, collation determines how characters are handled.

2.is there a script that you know of that I can run in phpmyadmin to change all the table and field at one time so I don't have to go to each table and field and change them one by one?

Well a query can be written to do an "ALTER TABLE" probably on each table, but that is probably more work then clicking through each table that needs changed. Look at the overview of your tables and see what the majority collation is. If utf8_general_ci then change all NONE utf8_general_ci to utf8_general_ci, etc...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds