[#1999] Registration text affects field locations

13 years 6 months ago #142569 by kwoychesko
Hi!

When I add text to either "Introduction text for registration" or "Concluding text for registration", the horizontal placement of the registration fields is affected: the more text I input, the more space is added between the field title (e.g., First Name) and the field itself.

I have searched through the forums and cannot find this issue discussed, so I apologize in advance if it's there.

Thanks,
Ken

Post edited by: kwoychesko, at: 2010/09/21 19:04

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/27 14:37
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Registration text affects field locations
Could not duplicate your issue on CB 1.2.3 as well as latest SVN (private) release of CB. Seams your template is not up to date or has been altered. Please re-install CB 1.2.3 from Joomla Extension Manager if on Joomla 1.5.x to perform an auto-update install. The appropriate colspan of 2 is being applied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142588 by kwoychesko
Replied by kwoychesko on topic Re:Registration text affects field locations
Hi--thanks for the quick response!

The site I am working on is a "dev" copy of my production site. I tried re-installing CB but had the same issue. I also tried creating a new "dev" copy and installing CB "fresh" but it makes no difference.

You mentioned "template"... do you mean my site template? That seemed like a good thing to try, so I applied several different site templates but it makes no difference.

Possible causes:
(1) Did you mean a different "template" than "site template"? I notice that CB may have templates of their own... I am not sure what these are, but I have not installed any of them.
(2) Do you think it could be a CSS issue? Or would trying various site templates negate a CSS issue?
(3) Could it be a conflict with one of the other add-ons installed on my site? None of them are too crazy: DocMan, FrontPage SlideShow, JCE Editor, JComments, and a few others that came with my template JA_Teline_III.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Ken

13 years 6 months ago #142678 by krileon

(2) Do you think it could be a CSS issue? Or would trying various site templates negate a CSS issue?

Very likely; I recommend using Firebug for Firefox to examine the elements.

(3) Could it be a conflict with one of the other add-ons installed on my site? None of them are too crazy: DocMan, FrontPage SlideShow, JCE Editor, JComments, and a few others that came with my template JA_Teline_III.

Possibly, but it's just strictly HTML so don't see how it could conflict. I can't say for sure without a direct link to the issue so I may examine the HTML and CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142732 by kwoychesko
Replied by kwoychesko on topic Re:Registration text affects field locations
Trying Firebug was a good suggestion: while doing that I noticed that the problem only appears with IE (Firefox and Chrome are okay!) Firebug shows that we're looking at the .titleCell formatting in the cb css:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.titleCell, .captionCell , table.content_table td.titleCell, table.content_table td.captionCell {
font-weight:bold;
text-align: left;
vertical-align:top;
padding:3px 3px 4px 6px;
}
.titleCell {
width:125px;
}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seems to be the "width" parameter giving the problem, b/c if I use Firebug to increase that value, the fields move to the right.

There's nothing about this in the documentation that I purchased, and I don't know much about CSS.

Are you able to point me in the right direction or suggest anything else? It's IE8 that I'm using... I didn't try any other versions of IE.

Thanks!!
Ken

13 years 6 months ago #142772 by krileon
125 pixels is not very much and is the standard for all CB installs. Again, no idea what the issue is. We can't help with HTML/CSS based issues purely off text. Without a directly link to the issue there's not much we can do. You'll have to just keep reviewing source to see where the issue lies. I've tested vanilla CB in IE6-8 and is displaying fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn