Overriding HTML generated by CB Plugin

13 years 4 months ago #147542 by likemandrake
Overriding HTML generated by CB Plugin was created by likemandrake
Hello,

Is it possible override HTML code generated by CB Plugin in my own template (CB Template Plugin)? In Example, I'd like override HTML code generated by CB Menu Plugin (more exactly cbBestMenuHandler class).

I wish I could do it, because I develop my own Joomla template with many universal CSS classes, like horizontal and vertical menu, tabs and much more. Using the universal CSS code certainly has a positive effect on the quality of the project.

Best Regards
Piotr Minkina

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147569 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Overriding HTML generated by CB Plugin
No it's not possible to override plugin HTML with a template of any sorts. You'd need to edit the plugin directly or modify its display with CSS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147605 by likemandrake
Replied by likemandrake on topic Re:Overriding HTML generated by CB Plugin
Hello,

thanks for reply. Pity that this is not possible. I know, that semantic is very important, not only design. Directly modifying of the plugin is problematic.

Kind Regards
Piotr Minkina

13 years 4 months ago #147639 by beat
I agree with you, and we have already rewritten that part of CB for next CB 2.0.

In fact we are already using that new templating engine in CBSubs 1.1, and CBSubs 1.1 allows for clean rendering overrides in your CBSubs or Joomla template.

This (and many more items developed and tested in CBSubs) is now flowing into CB for CB 2.0 for free. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn