[SOLVED] Active plan ignored for explicit plan display

13 years 4 months ago #147701 by jhaines
I have subscription plans A,B,C,D set up flat (all with parent - top), mutually exclusive with one subscription mandatory. I have another merchandise plan, Z, also at the top level but non-exclusive and non-mandatory. I have a publically accessible article which advertises the merchanise plan Z, from which I want a link to buy.

If I want to display just plan Z using a link of the form:
[code:1]index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=5[/code:1]
then there are several problems. Firstly, the plan is displayed on its own with the new user registration form, however this is a merchandise not subscription plan. Secondly, the user is able to complete the registration form with just plan Z present and checked, but when they press the "Register" button they get the following error in a dialog box:

Chosen plans combination is not allowed (you must choose coherent plans selection, e.g. mandatory subscription(s) must be active or mandatory plan(s) must be chosen). '' has mandatory options 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D' and none is selected.
Please press back button and select the subscription plan to which you would like to upgrade.

In this case the error seems reasonable, however:
(i) the registration form ought not to show with just a merchandise plan
(ii) if another plan (A,B,C or D) is required to allow purchase of the merchandise (Z), then they ought to show automatically, even though they've not been specified in the URL, with the registration form.

If all of the plans are instead linked explicitly or implicitly with either of the following URLs, then there's no problem for a non-registered user. All plans show and the user can select and pay as expected.

[code:1]index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=1-2-3-4-5
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans[/code:1]

However, for a registered user with an active subscription to plan A, there's a different problem. With the explicit link to all plans (the former of the pair above) all the plans show, as expected, however plan B is pre-selected (unlike in the first case, above) and there's no way to deselect all of B,C,D. (There's already an active subscription to A.) So, once again the user cannot buy only merchandise plan Z in this case. If the implicit link to all plans (the latter of the pair above), the active subscription is marked and none of B,C,D is pre-selected: the user can choose just merchandise Z successfully.

So, there's a problem for users with active subscriptions where multiple plans are linked explicitly:
(iii) they should be presented and active subscriptions credited in the same manner as for the implicit link

It appears to be impossible to present only the merchandise plan Z to users already subscribed to A,B,C or D as to do so causes problematic behaviour for both unregistered users and those who are registered but with no active subscription. As a result, it appears that I have to implicitly show all plans, all of the time. That's not a great experience, but at least behaviour is predictable for the user.

Am I missing something? If not, could my points (i),(ii) and (iii) above be considered as change request for a future release please? Is there a known workaround or alternative configuration which would help please?

Regards,
Julian

J 1.5.20, CB 1.3, CBSubs 1.1

Post edited by: jhaines, at: 2010/12/03 18:51

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/09 20:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147724 by krileon

It appears to be impossible to present only the merchandise plan Z

Correct, this is working as intended. You've configured a top-level exclusive plan. Exclusive is more or less "mandatory" (required) so marking a parent plan as exclusive and having say a merchandise plan that is non-exclusive would REQUIRE that parent plan before they could buy the merchandise plan.

You'll need to provide users with a plans link that includes the exclusive parents with the merchandise plan. We've plans to better improve this in a later release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147729 by jhaines
Thanks for your swift response. To be clear, all of my plans A,B,C,D and Z are at the same (top) level. None of A,B,C or D is a parent of Z. A,B,C,D are mutually exclusive subscription plans. Z is a non-exclusive, non-mandatory merchandise plan.

It looks like I need to use the all-plans (implicit) link for the reasons I outlined below. Am I correct please?

Regards,
Julian

13 years 4 months ago #147863 by krileon

It looks like I need to use the all-plans (implicit) link for the reasons I outlined below. Am I correct please?

Yes, because you've other top-level plans that are set to Exclusive. Again, more or less means "Mandatory". If you set all top-level plans to non-Exclusive for example it should work fine (or vise versa as all Exclusive).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148144 by jhaines
Although not really the presentation I wanted, that seems to work. Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn