Email confirmation String for New User

12 years 6 months ago #179791 by strawberry
Email confirmation String for New User was created by strawberry
Hi,
I have been searching for the text of the email confirmation that is being sent out to a new registered user.
"Thank you for applying for registration with us. We have received your request and we will process it as soon as you confirm your email address by clicking on the following
hyperlink:

Using CB 1.7, Joomla 1.5, Joomfish which does not help for CB translations.

Where would I find it?
I do need to have this email sent in 2 languages, German and English.
Help is highly appreciated, project is overdue :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179815 by nant

12 years 6 months ago #179829 by strawberry
Replied by strawberry on topic Re: Email confirmation String for New User
Thanks Nick.
Actually I do have the language.php and default-language.php already installed and use it for translations, as much as they work.

The confirmation email might be initiated through the CB login plugin, where I am going to search right now. Although I thought that I set up the search for the email confirmation text throughout the Joomla installation.

How would I get the calender.js to find the correct language path? So far I only get the default calender.js running, which is the English calender.js in my German frontend-site.
Going through the wiki and searching there seems or seemed to be a problem with this issue. Is there a fix?
Sorry, I know this topic would be a new topic in the forum.

12 years 6 months ago #179875 by nant

strawberry wrote: Thanks Nick.
Actually I do have the language.php and default-language.php already installed and use it for translations, as much as they work.

The confirmation email might be initiated through the CB login plugin, where I am going to search right now. Although I thought that I set up the search for the email confirmation text throughout the Joomla installation.

How would I get the calender.js to find the correct language path? So far I only get the default calender.js running, which is the English calender.js in my German frontend-site.
Going through the wiki and searching there seems or seemed to be a problem with this issue. Is there a fix?
Sorry, I know this topic would be a new topic in the forum.

I suggest you use the German language plugin from here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-de

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-de/files

I also suggest not to touch the default.php files as any changes you make there will be lost when you upgrade CB in the future.

The wiki instructions are just fine if you follow them.

12 years 6 months ago #179907 by strawberry
Replied by strawberry on topic Re: Email confirmation String for New User
Hello Nick,
Seems that I did all those parts already. Installed the language plugins, added extra placeholders for new form field translations, mostly worked fine, but for a few.

well, I did no changes in the CB default.phps, but in the language.php and default_language.php files.

Still cannot find the Default-Text of the Registration-email-confirmation of the CB Login/Registration process.

Which is
"Greetings xy-user
Thank you for applying for registration with us. We have received your request and we will process it as soon as you confirm your email address by clicking on the following
hyperlink: .... "

I know, it is somewhere hiding in the installation but even Windows search cannot find it for me.
Following is the email with the confirmation that the account now is active, but sure, its in the same file.

Should the calender.js work between the languages? Anything I could check to figure out why its not working?

Is there a new file upload plugin for CB 1.7 or would this work fine with a previous plugin-version (not sure, file upload plugin is probably for CB 1.4)?

Thanks - I know I have quite a few issues going to make this work perfect.

12 years 6 months ago #179910 by nant

strawberry wrote: Which is
"Greetings xy-user
Thank you for applying for registration with us. We have received your request and we will process it as soon as you confirm your email address by clicking on the following
hyperlink: .... "

This is in the CB configuration area on Registration tab.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn