#2503 Subsc-Unsucribe-Resuscribe - Offline payment

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #161007 by nicophp
When subscribing for the first time and going through all Offline payment steps, the system displays (in both subscriptions profile tab and subscription module) "You have an unpaid subscription.Please pay." . But the user will be a bit confused because of the double message in the Subscription module
- Subscription Plan xxxx not paid. Pay now
- You have an unpaid subsciption. Pay now

1st problem: so he can go to the payment process 1x, 2x, 3x, etc meanwile, the CBSub backend payment basket is accumulating pending payments with different ID's (this will also confuse the administrator that will have to pay the basket in backend) - When going back the payment process the user should see his original payment slip and the system should not generate a new pending payment.

Now that his subscription is active, if the user unsubscribes, he has the option (in subscriptions profile tab and subscription module) to resuscribe.

The subscription workflow and offline payment process are the same as for the fisrt subscription and the payment slip is presented ("Click here to confirm that you are paying off-line and to display the Payment slip to print"). Up to here everything is normal but here comes the 2nd twist:

The subscriptions profile tab and subscription module are still displaying the proposal to resubscribe, instead of displaying that he has a pending payment.

This confuses the user and he can resubscribe 1x, 2x, 3x, etc without having the message that he has a pending payment, meanwile, the CBSub backend payment basket is accumulating pending payments with different ID's. (this will also confuse the administrator in charge of the payments in the backend basket)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #161989 by nicophp
Toc toc toc, anybody to answer me please?

12 years 11 months ago #162018 by krileon

Toc toc toc, anybody to answer me please?

Sorry for the delay as had missed your post, its been a long week. :blink:

When subscribing for the first time and going through all Offline payment steps, the system displays (in both subscriptions profile tab and subscription module) "You have an unpaid subscription.Please pay." . But the user will be a bit confused because of the double message in the Subscription module
- Subscription Plan xxxx not paid. Pay now
- You have an unpaid subsciption. Pay now

The second message is a notification for unpaid invoice. You can disable this by editing the Subscriptions module parameters and setting "Display unpaid invoices" to "No".

1st problem: so he can go to the payment process 1x, 2x, 3x, etc meanwile, the CBSub backend payment basket is accumulating pending payments with different ID's (this will also confuse the administrator that will have to pay the basket in backend) - When going back the payment process the user should see his original payment slip and the system should not generate a new pending payment.

This shouldn't happen as long as the user does not click to iniate a new Offline payment. This is done to afford the user the ability to change gateways to pay by other means or cancel their payment all together. It also allows providing them the payment instructions and payment slip again, which is not to be confused with the invoice. Any of the baskets can be paid by the admin as it does not matter which you specifically use. I recommend using the latest, but is entirely up to you; the extras will expire after 1 is paid after 24 hours.

The subscriptions profile tab and subscription module are still displaying the proposal to resubscribe, instead of displaying that he has a pending payment.

Am not sure I'm following correctly. This is after the user cancels payment or when they're trying to renew? Could you please provide the exact steps to duplicate this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #162079 by nicophp
Thanks for your answers

Am not sure I'm following correctly. This is after the user cancels payment or when they're trying to renew? Could you please provide the exact steps to duplicate this issue.

Have 2 plans:
  1. free plan
  2. paid plan (child of the free plan)

Steps to duplicate the issue
  1. User has subscribed the free plan
  2. User subscribes the paid plan and payment is validated
  3. The stupid user :-)unsubscribes the paid plan
  4. Profile tab and sub module propose to Resubscribe and user Resubscribes in Offline payment and confirms that is paying Offline to see and print the payment slip

But the subscriptions profile tab and subscription module are still displaying the proposal to Resubscribe, instead of displaying that he has a pending payment, like in the standard process.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162149 by nant
confirmed and opened ticket: #2503

Thanks for providing details to properly reproduce.

12 years 9 months ago #166521 by beat
A bit of this is intentional, so someone who changes his mind on his way to the post office, and wants to pay instantly online can do it. It follows the business saying: "never turn away someone wanting to pay an open invoice immediately" ;)

In CBSubs 1.0 we had everything locked when an offline payment is pending, and then quite some complaints when people were trying to see how the offline payment process was, and then couldn't pay online anymore until the admin was cancelling the payment and basket.

I agree on avoiding re-creating new offline pending payment records when there is already one open.

Not sure about the module display and plan status display, as it's still unpaid as long as not completed...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn