email verification

12 years 11 months ago #164260 by beelliott
email verification was created by beelliott
:angry: I recently bought CBsubs 1.1.2 and installed with CB 1.4 onto a site I upgraded to joomla 1.6. I get no email verification link in any emails sent by CB or CB Subs. I have tried selecting email verification required in Cb and CB subs...every combination imaginable. If I have email verify on I can't log in, and get a message saying follow instructions in the email just sent, but there are no instructions... and no link. I have to resort, for the time being, to have this function turned off, but will need it because we use this list to send out newsletters etc...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #164799 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: email verification
Are you trying to use email confirmation as configured within CB on the registration tab? This would mean when a new user registers to their site they should receive an email with a confirmation link to click. This does not send an email to you or moderators for confirmation. Please test that the Mass Mailer within CB User Management is functional to ensure emails are sending at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #164827 by beelliott
Replied by beelliott on topic Re: email verification
I have since reverted back to j1.5.23, and have same problem. I have a seperate topic open for it...I got no response here for several days.

Mass email works from joomla and cb. There is no email verification link sent when either cb or cbsus is configured for verification before or after payment, and this is true with pay offline, or paypal. Once payment is made, I do get a welcome email. There is also a thank you for registering e-mail that comes out when a new person registers, but there is no email verification link. It does say where the message was sent from, but no "click here" type line one might use to confirm their email, and it will not allow a user in, unless the system is reconfigured for email verify to off. I have tried turning off and on both in cb and cbsubs multiple times. I never get any link to verify my e-mail. If I have email verification on, they get no link, and can not log-in. All they get is a message on the site that says to check their email for instructions.

12 years 10 months ago #165443 by krileon
In order to receive a confirmation link you must have confirmation enabled within CB configuration or through CBSubs. In addition to that the Pending email in CB configuration on the Registration tab must also be configured; have just tested multiple scenarios regarding confirmation and confirmed working just fine. The only known issue with confirmation is duplicate email being sent given some scenarios, but you state nothing is received.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #165630 by beelliott
Replied by beelliott on topic Re: email verification
Thank you. You didn't answer my question exactly, but you gave me a significant clue. My pending approval message did not have the [CONFIRM] script included. Once I added this to the cb registration pending approval e-mail, it worked correctly. Consequently, it also worked when I set the plan to require approval before payment over-riding CB (once [CONFIRM] was added to the message). I think the problem is, I was reading the cbsubs manual, and it does not state to include [CONFIRM] in your message. Nor does it give this clue on the plan next to or around where one would construct the pending payment e-mail message. I only found it by going back to CB and looking again at my registration tab. There, above the message window it shows this instruction.

12 years 10 months ago #166111 by krileon
The Pending email and usage of its substitution [CONFIRM] has nothing to do with CBSubs, which is why you found nothing regarding in it CBSubs manual. Pending email and CB configuration as well as usage is detailed within CBs documentation available to advanced and professional subscribers.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds