[SOLVED] Issue with Mandatory Invoicing in CBSubs 1.1.2

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151441 by Brandon7777
I'm having an issue with the "Mandatory invoicing address" on the CBSUBs Settings>Display>Invoices page. While testing, I can only get it to give you a mandatory invoice randomly, and now it seems, I can't even get it to do that anymore. I need to force an invoice due to a bug in CBSubs that does not properly pull the state and country information into the invoice (which I need for tax purposes).

So, here is what I've done to try and fix the problem:

Uninstalled all CBSubs plugins and re-install.

Uninstalled all CBSubs plugins, deleted the "jos_cbsubs_config" table from the database and re-installed.

Tried using different computers (and locations) and different web browsers on each computer (firefox and IE7).

Cleared out all browser cache and tried again.

Cleared out browser cache and Joomla cache (Tools>clear cache).

Switched between "no invoicing address, non-mandatory address and Mandatory invoicing address", while testing member signup after saving each setting, and maybe 1 out of every 10 times when I set it back to "mandatory invoicing address" does it actually work.

I have checked the database table, jos_cbsubs_config and verified that when set to "Mandatory invoicing address" that the value is "invoicing_address_query=2".

I have also had other people test and they are experiencing the same problem.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151629 by krileon
Are you saying with mandatory invoicing set that users are able to bypass providing invoice information and continue with payment? Please explain the steps taken to reproduce the scenario. Please also ensure the invoice XML file was not modified as this could cause problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151728 by Brandon7777
Replied by Brandon7777 on topic Re: Issue with Mandatory Invoicing in CBSubs 1.1.2
Yes, they are able to bypass the mandatory Invoicing address. The are presented with the "non-mandatory" page instead.

I explained in my original post how I was able to reproduce the issue. Don't the invoice XML's get deleted when CBSubs and all the plugins associated with it are also uninstalled?

13 years 3 months ago #151756 by krileon
I've set Invoicing address handling at payment time: to Mandatory invoicing address and can not duplicate your issue. When attempting to make a purchase I receive the following notice with the invoice address page presented.

We need your complete address to be able to provide you with an invoice after your payment. Please complete your invoicing address below. This address will be used only for the invoicing and will not appear on your user profile.

Please note only the following fields are actually required.

First Name
Last Name
Address
City
Zipcode(or VAT?)
Country

If the above is provided then the purchase will continue. Otherwise you should receive the same message (or whatever you've specified for Introduction text when requiring invoicing address:) as I have assuming that invoice address is set to mandatory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #152668 by Brandon7777
Replied by Brandon7777 on topic Re: Issue with Mandatory Invoicing in CBSubs 1.1.2
Well, I found the issue. If I have "city" listed as showing on the invoice, then they can bypass it. If I leave the "City Field:" as "-- Select Field --" under CBsubs>Settings>Display>Invoices, then it forces the mandatory invoicing address. When I set that same field as "City", then you can bypass the mandatory address. I would assume that when you force a "mandatory" invoicing address, that it is mandatory no matter what, but it doesn't seem to behave like this. Now, if you could only get the State and Country imported into the invoicing fields from the registration form, I wouldn't have this issue (you've already submitted a bug request on that one on a different posting).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn