[SOLVED] CB Login Displayed twice on home page

13 years 2 months ago #153027 by nant

cpetitclerc73 wrote: I did test with a default template from Joomla and still the same problem. We belive it is that certain modules and articles / buttons set too high and some of them need to be made public. I will post the resolution when its solved. Thanks for your help.

Does that same thing happen if the Joomla login module is published instead of the CB login module?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153030 by cpetitclerc73
Replied by cpetitclerc73 on topic Re: CB Login Displayed twice on home page
No. That one works fine
I triied uninstalling the Joomla login to see if it would make a difference and it didnt work. Thiough it might be corrupting the CB login module.

13 years 2 months ago #153033 by nant
If you can replicate this issue on your environment using default Joomla template it would really help us debug as I cannot replicate the behaviour on my test sites at all.

13 years 2 months ago #153035 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB Login Displayed twice on home page
Don't understand the issue. Reviewing your own site I only see 1 login module. If login fails the user is set to the login PAGE where you will have the login contents as well as the module on its right (as you've configured), which I suppose could make you feel like you've 2 login modules.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #153038 by cpetitclerc73
I put on the bees template. I think the double login issue is resolved but still trying to figure out how. I am configuring my test site and real site to match each other.

13 years 2 months ago #153057 by cpetitclerc73
Horray. Its all working now!!! Thank you so muchh heyai. If you were in Calgary Canada I would buy you a beer and dinner.
I do not think it was the template at all. What the problem was it that certain articles / catagories and sections and maybe some modules / plugins needed to stay public. This is a secured site and cannot access anything but the home page until the user logs in. Then what happens is they must agree to a disclaimer and fill out a form (Disclaimer Module installed and form application installed) No part of the site can be accessed until the disclaimer is agreed. This one is tricky. Had to shop for a form that you can add to an article with one piece of Code. After using 4 different ones RS FormPro was the only one with that feature. The submit button currently is set to go to index.php?agree=true which takes the user back to the begining or the default page. Adding another url to a different page and adding ?agree=true takes the person back to the disclaimer. The disclaimer module variable "agree" must get sent and equal true to proceed to ant other pages. At least the double log in is resolved as that was my nemisis. A simple site with 6 pages but a head ache. Thanks Again heyai and anyone else that helped out with your feedback.
Current Site : safetycomplete.ca
My Site: surfwebdesign.ca

:cheer:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn