[#3045] Message User Profile Box

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #183339 by jeremiahbenes
[#3045] Message User Profile Box was created by jeremiahbenes
Hi. I have totally disabled every messaging related thing I can for my site. My problem is that the "Messaging" gray box still appears across the top on user profiles. Whenever you mouse over it, nothing appears in the dropdown menu except for a very small gray square (see my screenshot). How can I remove this box? You can view
a user profile on my site to see the problem although you'll have to sign up for an account.

kadfw.org/component/comprofiler/userprofile/Robert_Morris

I've also attached a screenshot if that helps more.

Also: This problem is for all users, not just the administrator users.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183385 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Message User Profile Box
Ensure "Email Handling" is set to "Do Not Display Email" in CB > Configuration > General. Then set "Private Message System" in CB > Plugin Management to disabled and it should disappear. You could also use the below CSS to remove it.
.cbMenu_UE_MENU_MESSAGES {
	display: none;
}

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeremiahbenes

12 years 5 months ago #183395 by jeremiahbenes
Replied by jeremiahbenes on topic Re: Message User Profile Box
Thanks for your reply! Hiding the email addresses did get rid of the messages thing; however I still want to display member email addresses on their profiles. Perhaps this could be a future feature request or a bug report?

I am in a bit of a rush, but I will try the CSS later today. Does it matter what stylesheet I put it in?

Thanks!

12 years 5 months ago #183397 by krileon

Perhaps this could be a future feature request or a bug report?

What do you currently have the email configured as? Depending on what it's set to it certainly be a bug.

I am in a bit of a rush, but I will try the CSS later today. Does it matter what stylesheet I put it in?

I suggest adding it to the bottom of your Joomla template CSS file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeremiahbenes

12 years 5 months ago #183538 by jeremiahbenes
Replied by jeremiahbenes on topic Re: Message User Profile Box
Thanks for all your help so far! I added in the CSS to my template CSS file and it worked great.

As to the email field setup, I am just using the Community Builder defaults. I am using the default email field and I have that set to display on their profiles so the users can see each others emails. If you'd like to log in to my site and take a look at it, I can set you up with an admin account.

12 years 4 months ago #183809 by krileon

As to the email field setup, I am just using the Community Builder defaults. I am using the default email field and I have that set to display on their profiles so the users can see each others emails. If you'd like to log in to my site and take a look at it, I can set you up with an admin account.

The defaults use the Email Form, which will of course display the email link. The only way to remove it I believe is to have Private Message System disabled and the email set to do not show. Please do PM super administrator login credentials so I can review your configuration and try to duplicate.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn