[SOLVED] Can I give my moderators CB User Manager access?

10 years 2 months ago #241992 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic Can I give my moderators CB User Manager access?
I think it looks right. I have a level in between registered and the moderators ("Staff Members"), but they are still a child(parent?) of the Registered group

Public
|— Guest
|— Registered
|—|— FSE Staff Members
|—|—|— BoD Member (<-- my Board of Directors - "site owners")
|—|—|— Pilot Service Rep (<-- my moderator group)

I have several other "Staff Member" user groups parallell with these 2 (coders, documentation managers, etc.), but I removed them from the copy/paste for clarity.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241995 by krileon
If your moderator group is "Pilot Service Rep" they should only be able to edit "FSE Staff Members" and "Registered" users. They won't, for example, be able to edit "BoD Membe". The below is another situation that could be present.

Public
- Registered <- Can Edit
- - Members 1 <- Can Edit
- - - Moderator <- CB Moderator
- - Members 2 <- Can NOT Edit

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241999 by FSEconomy
"pilot service rep" is set in the CB Configuration as the "Moderator" group. Yet, they cannot edit "registered" members on the front end.

I think you're saying that they should be able to edit registered users, according to my settings?

10 years 1 month ago #242037 by krileon
Yes, they should be able to edit Registered users. However, if the default usergroups were removed and you recreated a Registered usergroup there's a possibility it's going to have a hard time determining a parent/child relationship. Also ensure the Registered user you're trying to edit doesn't have "BoD Member" or "Pilot Service Rep" usergroups as your moderators have no permissions to edit them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 month ago #242043 by FSEconomy
Nope, I did not mess with the default user groups. I added on "Staff", and then under that: BOD and PSR and a few others.

The PSR cannot edit any user profile, including registered.

10 years 1 month ago #242078 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn