[#5157] CB 2.0.6 Privacy 4.0.2 - All options set - no effect

9 years 1 month ago #260097 by krileon
Ok, the only way I could confirm it was permissions misconfiguration. I however am not seeing such misconfiguration on your install. Please PM FTP login credentials as I'll need to make debug code changes to the plugin and see what's going on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sysopcrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260159 by krileon
Great, thank you for providing FTP. Was able to find the cause. It's due to a bug in the privacy rule caching casting the generated id to int, which has letters in it when the rule is generated dynamically that causes the id to turn into 0. So what you end up with is like a dozen unique privacy rules being cached as a single rule and thus you get your problem.

I've fixed the issue for you on your install and confirmed it's working fine now. Please also confirm it's working as expected.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5161

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #260165 by sysopcrew
Seems to work. I see this will be in 4.0.3, so the issue won't sneak up again when I do an update? THANKS A BUNCH!

--
David Riviera

9 years 1 month ago #260170 by krileon
Yup, it's fixed in 4.0.3 which is already released.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: sysopcrew

9 years 3 weeks ago #261734 by sysopcrew
Could this bug also affect the privacy_profile field? You should not see this profile unless signed in:

metroskywarn.org/profile/userprofile/msw0000

This is a test profile that has Guest deselected in Profile Privacy, but it still shows. I can't find a setting that lets Board members be seen by public, but hides all profile details, including name, from guest visitors.

--
David Riviera
Attachments:

9 years 3 weeks ago #261752 by krileon
What do you mean still shows? Shows where? Profile Privacy by default only blocks direct access to a profile and nothing more. Regardless you should be using the latest release (4.0.3).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn