Manually approving payments not working - Paypal notifications issue

9 years 2 weeks ago #262129 by ecweb
Hi,
I have two issues affecting payments for subscriptions:
1. If a user initiates a payment via paypal and it does not complete, I try to go to 'baskets' and click 'pay' to indicate that payment has been made manually. I fill in the appropriate details about how the payment was made and click 'pay'. I then get the error: "Failed to save Pay the basket manually because: This payment basket has no gateway associated so can not be paid manually."
How can I resolve this?

2. Paypal payments are being made, but the web site does not register that they have completed their payment. I have followed the steps as outlined in your paypal plugin: "Go to: My Account: Profile: and in column 'Selling Preferences':
for PDT: Website Payment Preferences: Auto Return for Website Payments: Turn Auto Return to ON and enter homepage of your site, e.g. www.example.com as Return URL (that URL is not very important, you can use same account on multiple websites, as this software sends return URLs with each payment), then turn Payment Data Transfer to ON on same page. Finally leave Encrypted Website Payments off to start easily (you can turn them on later, as this software supports it, see below). Set PayPal Account Optional to ON so that users don't have to register with paypal to pay with credit-cards. Save page and return to page to get your Identity Token to paste in the field below.
For IPN: In My Profile, click Instant Payment Notification Preferences, then Edit. Activate Instant Payment Notification and put your site URL e.g. www.example.com/ as Notification URL (here too, not very important, as this software sends notification URL with each payment). Then Save."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262164 by krileon

1. If a user initiates a payment via paypal and it does not complete, I try to go to 'baskets' and click 'pay' to indicate that payment has been made manually. I fill in the appropriate details about how the payment was made and click 'pay'. I then get the error: "Failed to save Pay the basket manually because: This payment basket has no gateway associated so can not be paid manually."
How can I resolve this?

You can only manually pay Offline baskets. To grant the user a subscription in any other way you'd do that from CB > User Management by editing their user and activating a subscription.

2. Paypal payments are being made, but the web site does not register that they have completed their payment. I have followed the steps as outlined in your paypal plugin: "Go to: My Account: Profile: and in column 'Selling Preferences':

This is typically due to IPNs not being configured correctly. Within CBSubs > Notifications do you see any IPNs coming from PayPal? Also check CBSubs > History to see if there are any errors regarding their payment.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262199 by ecweb
Thanks Kyle,
Ok - question 1 is now resolved :)
Question 2 - I don't see any notifications arriving in CB Subs - however, the payments are successfully completed in paypal. When I check paypal's IPN notification history screen it lists the IPN's sent with the status 'retrying'.
I have verified that the identity token and the return url (the web site domain name) are all correct.
What to do next?

9 years 2 weeks ago #262201 by nant

ecweb wrote: Thanks Kyle,
Ok - question 1 is now resolved :)
Question 2 - I don't see any notifications arriving in CB Subs - however, the payments are successfully completed in paypal. When I check paypal's IPN notification history screen it lists the IPN's sent with the status 'retrying'.
I have verified that the identity token and the return url (the web site domain name) are all correct.
What to do next?

perhaps you have some kind of firewall that is blocking IPN's from reaching your website?

9 years 2 weeks ago #262202 by ecweb
Thanks for quick feedback.
No there is no firewall on the web site (at the moment anyway). I will install Admin Tools later.
I will pm you screenshots of the settings in paypal - I can't see anything wrong there.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262207 by nant

ecweb wrote: Thanks for quick feedback.
No there is no firewall on the web site (at the moment anyway). I will install Admin Tools later.
I will pm you screenshots of the settings in paypal - I can't see anything wrong there.

Got PM and forwarded it to Kyle.

Your settings seem ok to me.

Maybe ask your web host if they have some kind of firewall in place?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.348 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn