custom tab

8 years 10 months ago #265331 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic custom tab

have you any cb 1.9 version of this plugin?

Nope, we don't develop for or maintain CB 1.x anymore. I don't even have a CB 1.x developer environment setup anymore.

perfect!! it seems this works...

But only "Displayed User ID"

Displayed User ID: 695
Viewing User ID:

Viewing User ID will only work if you're logged in, but I've no idea how Sourcerer is running the code so that may or may not be affecting it. Being on CB 1.x could also be a reason it's not working as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #265335 by naboman
Replied by naboman on topic custom tab
ok, thx

Is any way to display a tab only for a user group?

8 years 10 months ago #265392 by krileon

Is any way to display a tab only for a user group?

Yes, create a view access level for your group then set the tabs access to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 10 months ago #265402 by naboman
ok, thx
but just I need this tab belongs to a user group

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #265554 by naboman
hi again.
Where (in which file) I can see if a tab is empty this tab is hidden?

I'm using Sourcerer, as you know, and the never is empty at all.

here you can see an empty tab ("Monterías Subidas"):
www.montear.com/component/comprofiler/userprofile/rehalito

but I have checked "hide empty tabs" in CB setting page.

thx

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #265590 by krileon

but just I need this tab belongs to a user group

Navigate to Users > Access Levels. Click New. Select the checkbox for your usergroup. Click Save. Navigate to CB > Tab Management. Select your new Access Level for "Access Level" parameter. Click Save.

I'm using Sourcerer, as you know, and the never is empty at all.

You need to use both hide empty fields and hide empty tabs. You're using a Custom HTML field, which outputs a dash if empty unless you've hide empty fields enabled. Sourcerer could also be adding something to the output (e.g. even a space will cause it to not hide). Aside from that I don't know what more to advise as this is not the correct way to create a custom PHP tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn