Strange behaviour in registration if email exists

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #268192 by Pepita1983
Hi, krileon!

I have been searching in the forum, but I didn't find anything about this. I am experiencing an strange issue: if I try to register with an existing email, it throws me to gutenberginstitute.com/index.php/es/cb-profile/saveregisters but with the registration form to fill again, without any error message about "already registered email".

Do you know anything about this issue?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #268233 by krileon
Did you upgrade from CB 1.x to CB 2.x? If so pleased all Joomla menu items to CB and fix their Type to appropriate Community Builder menu types as broken menu items can cause strange behavior like this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #268259 by Pepita1983
Replied by Pepita1983 on topic Strange behaviour in registration if email exists
Yes, I have CB2 and actually the only thing that I have is:
1) the CB Login module attached to the Menu position of my template.
2) A log out menu item in a "My Account" section

I don´t have any registration menu item or anything, since the "CB Login" component already shows a link with the link to the registration...

8 years 7 months ago #268296 by krileon
You need a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. What I meant by my previous reply is if you upgraded from CB 1.x. If you did then you need to edit your Joomla menu items to CBs pages and re-select their menu Type as that was broken in CB 1.x.

If you've already done this then enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration and re-try to see if any errors output.

If none begin disabling non-core CB plugins (they'll have the same version number as CB it self and will be black text color) within CB > Plugin Management 1 by 1 retrying after each one to see if a plugin could be conflicting.

If still not resolved begin disabling 3rd party Joomla System and User plugins (do not disable core Joomlas as you can lock your self out) to see if a 3rd party extension is conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn