user group

8 years 7 months ago #270440 by naboman
user group was created by naboman
hi... frequently (each 1 month, more or less)
inexplicably, an user changes his group...

he belongs to manager and another registered user group and sometimes, he just belongs to registered user group...

I don't know why this is happened...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270462 by nant
Replied by nant on topic user group

naboman wrote: hi... frequently (each 1 month, more or less)
inexplicably, an user changes his group...

he belongs to manager and another registered user group and sometimes, he just belongs to registered user group...

I don't know why this is happened...

Joomla version?
CB Version?
What group? Please give example?

8 years 7 months ago #270474 by naboman
Replied by naboman on topic user group
joomla 2.5
CB 1.9.1
before:
- manager and registered

after:
-registered

8 years 7 months ago #270563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic user group
I don't see how their usergroup could be resetting, but you're on CB 1.x and we're quite a few releases into CB 2.x. It could be a bug with latest Joomla 2.x/3.x ACL changes in CB 1.x. At some point you may want to consider upgrading to CB 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #271011 by naboman
Replied by naboman on topic user group
it happened when I try to edit this user profile... when I press "save", I have an alert message that tell me it is not possible to update.

after this, this user only belongs to "registered user group" (before this it was manager too)

8 years 6 months ago #271106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic user group
Editing their profile in frontend or backend? Frontend should have no way of changing the usergroup like that. When editing in backend ensure the usergroup field has the correct value. However, as explained in my previous reply CB 1.x is not very compatible with Joomla 2.5.x and Joomla 3.x ACL changes so it could be a bug in CB 1.x only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn