[SOLVED] Complete site meltdown

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #272699 by FSEconomy
[SOLVED] Complete site meltdown was created by FSEconomy
This morning, I decided to do the Joomla security update. I was on J 3.2.2 (I believe), and hit the button to update to 3.4.5. Everything seemed to work fine, but then my main site didn't work -- just showed a "blank" page.

At one point, I think I saw a 403 "you are not authorized to view this resource" error... but I don't see that now.

Like a dummy, I didn't try to resolve the main issue first, and decided that maybe something else was either broken or incompatible (I had about 6 updates pending), so I ran updates on Kunena (from v3.x to 4.x) and a couple of other modules. (I forget which).

The Kunena upgrade also seemed to go fine, until I attempted to go into the Kunena administration module, at which point I got the following error on the administration page:
500 Internal Server Error

Fatal Error was detected!

The error was detected in the Uddeim Component.

Fatal Error: Cannot redeclare uddeIMgetUserTZ() (previously declared in <span>/</span>var<span>/</span>www/joomla/components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib32.php:30)
 in components/com_uddeim/uddeimlib31.php on line 33

I disabled the two UddeIm modules, but that didn't resolve anything.

The admin back-end site is fully functional (with the exception of not being able to access the Kunena stuff due to the above error).

I am definitely not tech savvy enough to figure out how to proceed from here. I have the joomlapolis paid support membership - not sure what that gets me beyond access to this forum; but, I'm also willing to pay a little bit for some priority restore help. I do have access to the linux server with su-root access, but don't know what to do unless someone gives me step-by-steps. I have provided a Joomla account on my site with full access to the wonderful team here in the past, and am definitely willing to do that again so you can poke and prod as well.

Please help?

Thanks,
Jim

Edit: the main site URL is www.fseconomy.net/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #272704 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Complete site meltdown
That error means 2 UddeIM libraries are loading at the same time. CB can cause this if you have Private Message System and the CB plugin included with UddeIM installed and enabled within CB > Plugin Management; it's a 1 or the other situation. If that's not the case then I've no idea what's causing the double UddeIM API loading.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 5 months ago #272705 by FSEconomy
Replied by FSEconomy on topic Complete site meltdown
Thanks, Kyle. Would something have changed during the J! upgrade?

Within CB, I show
Private Messaging System (uddeIM PMS): published
Private Message System: unpublished.

I assume that is what you are referring to, and that since the CB PMS is not published, then I meet the "one or the other" requirement?

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #272708 by FSEconomy
update: disabling the Plugin: Kunena - UddeIM Integration resulted in the site coming back up.

Any idea why everything was working on J!3.2 + K3.x... but then broke when I went to J!3.4.5?

8 years 5 months ago #272711 by FSEconomy
Update: I upgraded CB from 1.9.1 to 2.0.11 and UddeIM from 3.3 to 3.7.

The problems have not gone away, but the symptoms have altered a little bit. A couple of years ago, I had someone help me put a box at the top of every page for logged-in users that showed the profile image, the CB-login box (to show "log out") and the number of unread PMs waiting for them. I've been searching for about an hour, and I cannot figure out where I configured this. I'm guessing that it's what is throwing the current error:
Error displaying the error page: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'delayed=0 AND toid=254' at line 1 SQL=SELECT count(id) FROM fsej_uddeim WHERE toread=0 AND delayed=0 AND toid=254: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'delayed=0 AND toid=254' at line 1 SQL=SELECT count(id) FROM fsej_uddeim WHERE toread=0 AND delayed=0 AND toid=254

If I completely disable the Kunena - UddeIM Integration plugin, I get a 500 error on the main page, and no way to access the Kunena stuff on the back end. If I re-enable the plugin, I can access the K admin pages, and the main page starts to load until I get the SQL error above.

I am completely baffled about where I might have got the code/module/whateverITis for that display at the top of the page, in order to remove that for continued troubleshooting.

Any thoughts?

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #272712 by FSEconomy
update: disabling the CB Login module allows the site to load again, but there is no capability for logging in.

I can only assume that the broken SQL to pull unread PMs is somewhere in the CB Login module, but if so it is definitely not obvious.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn