Field validation

18 years 3 months ago #2231 by bobede
Field validation was created by bobede
I'm wondering if it is possible to specify a validation rule for a new field created in CB.

What I want to do, is add an extra field under Contact info called employee number or badge number, which would be required and must pass a validation rule.

If the validation rule isn't an option, is it possible to hide the "Create account" option in the login form and have a menu item linked to the registration form, viewable by registerd users only? I don't really want the general public to be able to create accounts, even if they have to be approved by an admin or moderator. I thought I could use a temporary generic login which would be shared with certain users (about 300) until they create their accounts.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2255 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Field validation
Validation rules are not implemented currently. You could write custom javascript to do that, but it is somewhat clumsy way.

Hiding the link is possible through source code modification.

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #2259 by elesus
Replied by elesus on topic Re:Field validation
Next week (or this weekend) I plan to publish a plugin which I use for e-mail validation: it allows only specific domain emails (e.g. @mycompany.com). You might want to modify it to validate employee number. It is really easy to use and understand the plugin, so be a bit patient... ;)

СB3РD

18 years 3 months ago #2262 by bobede
Replied by bobede on topic Re:Field validation
Thanks for the quick feedback.

I think I will implement both of your suggestions. Could you let me know when your plugin is ready?

Thanks again.

18 years 3 months ago #2767 by PeterMixt
Replied by PeterMixt on topic Re:Field validation
hey Mikko - how's the email validation plugin coming? Looking forward to see if it can be used for other fields. =)

PM

PeterMixt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn