Importing Users with CBJUICE

7 years 8 months ago #284817 by Intellitech
Importing Users with CBJUICE was created by Intellitech
Hi.
I hope you will be able to help.

I am preparing the CSV file to import my users. I have exported the current CSV with the headers to be used.

Could I please check if all the exported header columns have to be used for the import (ie, using the headers as the template to prepare the CSV to be imported)?
Or could those selected header columns be used?

Thanks and appreciate it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284820 by jciconsult
Replied by jciconsult on topic Importing Users with CBJUICE
If you exported from community builder using cbjuice, then the headers could be used. If they are from another program probably not.
My suggestion is to do a save using cbjuice from your site to see the available headers and their format

7 years 8 months ago #284821 by wolverton
Replied by wolverton on topic Importing Users with CBJUICE
As Paul says, best way is to do an export to get the headers. Then in your spreadsheet software you can delete any fields ( columns ) that aren't necessary. For 'add mode' you only need the key field ( either email or username ) plus one additional CB profile variable

7 years 8 months ago #284823 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Importing Users with CBJUICE

wolverton wrote: As Paul says, best way is to do an export to get the headers. Then in your spreadsheet software you can delete any fields ( columns ) that aren't necessary. For 'add mode' you only need the key field ( either email or username ) plus one additional CB profile variable

So does this mean that I could only use those headers of those fields I am importing?
What happen about those Confirmed/Approved status?
Do I need to give the row records the values, so that the users are considered Registered and already imported into system?

I have a list of to be imported users, with many column (fields). So I need to know if using the exported headers, and reorganising the data to the headers should be what I should be doing leading to the import.

7 years 6 months ago #286630 by Intellitech
Replied by Intellitech on topic Importing Users with CBJUICE

wolverton wrote: As Paul says, best way is to do an export to get the headers. Then in your spreadsheet software you can delete any fields ( columns ) that aren't necessary. For 'add mode' you only need the key field ( either email or username ) plus one additional CB profile variable

Sorry, I might have missed this. Just to clarify and confirm that, if I were to do an 'edit mode' import, the spreadsheet should contain the key field ( either email or username ) AND any other columns/fields that I wish to update/import??

Just need to be sure that edit imports can exclude fields which I do not wish to update, and will not be overwritten with empty values.

3 years 4 months ago #321713 by bascherz
Replied by bascherz on topic Importing Users with CBJUICE
As I am about to import over 4000 users into my current transition project, I again applaud the efforts of you, my northern friend, for making this process bearable. I have needed CBJuice only twice in the past, and am immensely grateful for your contribution! Thank you so very much.

Hope you are doing well.

Bruce Scherzinger
Vienna, VA USA

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn