Approving New Users - Moderator / Admin

11 years 4 months ago #214948 by gjschaller
Approving New Users - Moderator / Admin was created by gjschaller
I've set up a group on my boards, where I would like all members to be able to edit each other's posts - as such, I'm setting up anyone who joins to be a Moderator for that group.

However, it seems Moderators can accept requests to join, which I do NOT want - I'd prefer this to be Admins or above, only.

Is there a setting in GJ that will restrict / set the permission level needed to accept membership requests, or is this hard-coded to Moderators and up?

Thank you!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #215004 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Approving New Users - Moderator / Admin
It's hardcoded and can't be changed. I do not suggest tampering with the authorization function either as you risk completely breaking permissions. In a future release after CB 2.0 GJ will have full permissions usage similar to Joomlas usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 4 months ago #215342 by gjschaller
Replied by gjschaller on topic Re: Approving New Users - Moderator / Admin
Within GroupJive configuration, on the Groups / Defaults tab, there's an option to control who can send invites (Owner / Admin / Moderator / User) - would it be possible (in a future version) to apply the same concept to Authorization / Approval process? That would make life MUCH easier for groups who want Moderators to handle posts, but not membership.

Thank you!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

11 years 4 months ago #215534 by krileon
When I rewrite the permissions usage it'll be similar to permissions you set in Joomla allowing you to fine tune who can do what. How it is now however will stay until I've done such a rewrite.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #215973 by erik_m
Replied by erik_m on topic Re: Approving New Users - Moderator / Admin
I'm new to GroupJive. I'm an admin. How do I put úsers into a group without sending people an invitation - a lot of our members (small society) don't use mail. So I would like to be able just to connect a user to a group - How do I do that?

11 years 3 months ago #216022 by krileon
CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive > Users > New then select a group and supply a user id as needed. This will force a user into a group.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn