Private Groups possibility?

11 years 2 months ago #218466 by earthdog
Private Groups possibility? was created by earthdog
Hi!

I want to use GJ in order to allow my members to have a personal PRIVATE area (or more than one), to write inside. I need them to be able to write posts that are viewable ONLY by them and nobody else.

Can i do that with GJ?

I also would like to have the posibility to export their content in various ways (HTML,PDF) etc...is there anything available in GJ or i will have to look for other joomla components?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #218473 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Private Groups possibility?
Yes, just set the group type to "Invite Only" and it won't be publicly visible nor can users join it unless users are invited to join it.

There is no export features, but I suppose you could use database queries and export the results directly from phpmyadmin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: earthdog

11 years 2 months ago #218475 by earthdog
Replied by earthdog on topic Re: Private Groups possibility?
Ok good to know this about the invite only.

Regarding the export i want this functionality to be available to the user. He should select the date range of the entries, export format e.t.c...

I suppose this will be another component that will access the db and prepare the document.

11 years 2 months ago #218476 by krileon
As GJ has no export feature you'll need to implement or find an extension that can export database data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 2 months ago #218477 by earthdog
Replied by earthdog on topic Re: Private Groups possibility?

krileon wrote: As GJ has no export feature you'll need to implement or find an extension that can export database data.

Is the database schema understandable enough in order to be able to create html pages from groups posts and then handle them accordingly? (convert to PDF, export in zip archive e.t.c)

11 years 2 months ago #218478 by krileon
It depends on what you're wanting to display, but yes. Wall posts for example store to their own table and have columns for user id for the user who posted the wall entry and group id for what group the wall entry belongs to. You can use that to filter based off group or based off the poster, the information displayed such as the post it self is of course also in this table.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn