[SOLVED] mod_cbgroupjive No Longer Showing Latest Groups

12 years 5 months ago #178014 by GoremanX
I just installed GJ 2.4, and the problem is still present:

www.friendlyphotozone.com/community

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #178026 by krileon
There's nothing more I can do about it. The query limits it self to 5. Then after the query is done the access permissions are checked and then the groups the user doesn't have permission to are removed. This used to not be the case with new datalayer API, but unfortunately it was too inefficient to be used and had to be rewritten back to using database queries.

You'll need to simply increase the number of groups displayed. The other option is to edit the module for it to ignore permissions and just display them anyway. Have added a feature ticket grab the groups unfiltered by access then remove the URLs to make them unclickable if they don't have permission.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2839

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #178027 by GoremanX
wow... that's, like, really crap. Why can't the query include access permissions in the first place?

Eventually, I expect the number of groups to change on a daily basis... I need to be able to control how many are displayed in specific places of the site for layout purposes. As it is, this module does not work as expected.

12 years 5 months ago #178069 by krileon

Why can't the query include access permissions in the first place?

A database query can't communicate with PHP. The authorization API is PHP based and due to its dynamic nature and extensibility via trigger it'd be impossible for it to be anything but PHP based.

Eventually, I expect the number of groups to change on a daily basis... I need to be able to control how many are displayed in specific places of the site for layout purposes. As it is, this module does not work as expected.

Sorry, I understand your frustration and have already created a bug ticket to address the issue. Like I said you can edit the module (it is open source) and replace the access check with array() and it'll show them regardless of permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #178105 by GoremanX

krileon wrote: Sorry, I understand your frustration and have already created a bug ticket to address the issue. Like I said you can edit the module (it is open source) and replace the access check with array() and it'll show them regardless of permissions.

That's not really possible since we already have groups which are supposed to be hidden from the public and from most other members.

One thing I just realized: the offending groups which are preventing the right ones from being displayed aren't even published yet. It's unfortunate that "unpublished" is an access level rather than its own database field.

12 years 5 months ago #178135 by krileon

One thing I just realized: the offending groups which are preventing the right ones from being displayed aren't even published yet. It's unfortunate that "unpublished" is an access level rather than its own database field.

Unpublished isn't, like I said it's a bug and will be reviewed and fixed for next release. Patches for a fix are welcome of course if you'd like to take a look in the meantime.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn