User Profile Page / Upgrade Question

11 years 10 months ago #202766 by wolfsauge
User Profile Page / Upgrade Question was created by wolfsauge
Hi,
I am using the Funlite template with Joomla 2.5.4 and CB 1.8.
I got an email telling there was an upgrade of the template to version 1.7, but no hint how to use it. Simply overwrite the old one? However there were modifications made...
The other question may cause the makers of funlite some pain, but their idea with the cb content module does not work for me. There are already two menus: the user menu in a module plus the tabs on the profile page. A third menu with the least needed links (update profile e.g.) in a module is soo confusing and the feedback has been in a way that I decided to get back to the original way. But I also found "In fact if you try and use the default CB Menu you will see that it is not properly formatted." (quote from the Funlite Guide).
If that is so I would prefer another template, I need the default menu to work as it is supposed to. Sad, the Funlite template looks really nice and works fine, but this is just too much of a good thing, less would have been more.
So my question is: can I use Funlite like any other template without the modifications regarding the cb content module and how could I get there.
Best wishes
Dirk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #202772 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Profile Page / Upgrade Question
If you have made modification to code or css files you need to keep a note of them and apply same modifications to new install.

Yes you can use the Funlite template without bothering with the CB Content module.

Please note that there will be a template update within the day as there is an issue with the CB template in the latest template releases.

11 years 9 months ago #203620 by wolfsauge
Replied by wolfsauge on topic Re: User Profile Page / Upgrade Question
Hi Nant,

I waited a couple of days for the latest version to come (found funlite 1.7.0, hope that this is it). Then I tried to install it with Joomla's template manager, but got an error message (nothing specific, only: an error has occurred). So what now? I uploaded the whole thing via ftp, but in Joomla's backend it does not appear (I did not rename it but uploaded the whole package as j25template_funlite). So I guess I have to overwrite the original funlite-map?
Thought I would have a clean install, configure everything and then make funlite 1.7 the default template, rather than overwriting the old one (since I did not get the original default cb menu back, after deleting mod_cbcontent_1.4).

Best wishes
Dirk

11 years 9 months ago #203661 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Profile Page / Upgrade Question

wolfsauge wrote: Hi Nant,

I waited a couple of days for the latest version to come (found funlite 1.7.0, hope that this is it). Then I tried to install it with Joomla's template manager, but got an error message (nothing specific, only: an error has occurred). So what now? I uploaded the whole thing via ftp, but in Joomla's backend it does not appear (I did not rename it but uploaded the whole package as j25template_funlite). So I guess I have to overwrite the original funlite-map?
Thought I would have a clean install, configure everything and then make funlite 1.7 the default template, rather than overwriting the old one (since I did not get the original default cb menu back, after deleting mod_cbcontent_1.4).

Best wishes
Dirk

You need to backup your funlite configuration settings and any file changes you had.

Then you need to uninstall existing version and then install new one.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn