Removing Timestamp from "MEMBER SINCE"

12 years 6 months ago #41210 by psycholodj
Hi

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the timestamp in the "Member Since" column of a CB user list? It really isn't needed in my case.

I found one post here that suggested getting a substring of the date/time variable, but it didn't work for me.

Any help is appreciated - Thanks

EDIT: removed capitals from subject: it's considered bad practice and yelling. Search for netiquette...

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/11/14 12:03
12 years 2 months ago #50189 by darrylglenn
I would like to know to..:unsure:
12 years 2 months ago #50192 by darrylglenn
Found something!

search in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/plug_cbmenu.php

the line

$dat = cbFormatDate( $user->registerDate, 1, $showtime );

Now change the 1 into 2.example:

$dat = cbFormatDate( $user->registerDate, 2, $showtime );

Thats all! works for meB)
12 years 2 months ago #50193 by beat
Why hack, when you can edit the users-list columns in backend list management ? :S

Post edited by: beat, at: 2007/11/14 12:01

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
11 years 5 months ago #71689 by chrisyork
beat wrote:

Why hack, when you can edit the users-list columns in backend list management ? :S

I have been searching on my 'users-list columns in backend list management' and I'm afraid that I can't find anything that allows me to just post the date - it really doesn't matter which minute and second someone joined (or even which hour) the day is high enough resolution for my purposes.

I would like to avoid hacking the code if I can, so I would greatly appreciate you explaining what you mean (apologies if I'm appearing a bit dim, so words of one syllable would be good).

I have looked under all of the tabs in Configuration management, and tried under List Management.

Thanks for your help.

Post edited by: chrisyork, at: 2008/08/19 13:29
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.438 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn