What happens if Joomla user logs into CB?

16 years 7 months ago #42378 by thelizardreborn
What happens if Joomla user logs into CB? was created by thelizardreborn
I have seen many posts discussing how to keep users from accessing the default Joomla registration. What happens if a user was to register through Joomla's default registration form (skipping required CB fields), and then try to log in through the CB module?

The reason I ask is that I have a customer who wants a group of people to be able to register in the site to access different content and manage profiles, and he wants that group AND a different group to be required to sign in to access the forums. The second group shouldn't have a CB profile or any CB info, just whatever profile is built into the forum.

Is this possible without a large amount of custom coding?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #75054 by lwheelr
Replied by lwheelr on topic Re:What happens if Joomla user logs into CB?
Any solution to this? My client also needs to register two classes of users, one of whom has a profile, and the other which does not.

Time sensitive, he has a required launch date in only two weeks. We have some complicated ways to do this, but hoped to avoid resorting to JUGA or other group management to meet this seemingly simple need.

Laura

15 years 6 months ago #75055 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:What happens if Joomla user logs into CB?
SOBI2 uses categories also. Not sure if it does exactly what you need, but just thought I'd mention it in case we don't meet your time limit. *crosses fingers*

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #75056 by lwheelr
Replied by lwheelr on topic Re:What happens if Joomla user logs into CB?
Problem is, he already has SOBI2 installed and operating for a different purpose on the site. We hoped to avoid having two installations of it since it is a pain to update a SOBI2 Clone.

We'd like something else to handle the merchant showcase (other than SOBI2, and CB would be good for it), but he needs logins for reviewers and merchants. SOBI2 is being used as a product listing for the merchants already.

If we use 2 installs of SOBI2, we cannot cross link a product to a merchant. If we use CB and SOBI2, we can do that through the profile plugin.

No matter how many features you can supply out of the box, they always want a twist on it! :)

Laura

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn