RESOLVED - Import JOS_COMPROFILER from CSV

17 years 10 months ago #12774 by jroussel
Hi Everyone!

I just want to say the new release of Community Builder rocks!

Because I was in the process of converting from Mambo to Joomla and moving to a new webhost, my ungrade of CB (and everything else) became somewhat complicated. I am in the final stages, but I am having issues with the date format upon import and was wondering if someone could help me out.

I have exported my mos_comprofile table with custom date fields to a CSV file. The date format in my CSV file is in the following format:

YYYY/MM/DD

For some reason, when I import the CSV file into my new jos_comprofiler table, the dates are completely messed up. When viewing the table with phpMyAdmin, it shows the date field with the same format as above, so I am not sure why the date fields do not import correctly.

Does anyone have any idea as to why it would mess up the dates? I'm looking forward to having to manually modify the dates for each user.

TIA
Juanita

EDIT - I was able to solve the problem on my own. The Excel CSV file was messing up the date. I had to create a custom date format in Excel with the format of yyyy/mm/dd. Once I did that, the import into the comprofiler table worked beautifully.

Post edited by: jroussel, at: 2006/05/17 15:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn