Registering New Users

17 years 7 months ago #20200 by amcvinnie
Registering New Users was created by amcvinnie
Hi Everyone

I just installed CB into a fresh Joomla. Everything works fine except one thing: When a new user signs up, they can not log in until I "syncronize" the users in the back end. Then they can log in.

How can I fix this so a newly registered user is automatically synced?

Thanks
Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #20201 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Registering New Users
amcvinnie wrote:

Hi Everyone

I just installed CB into a fresh Joomla. Everything works fine except one thing: When a new user signs up, they can not log in until I "syncronize" the users in the back end. Then they can log in.

How can I fix this so a newly registered user is automatically synced?

Thanks
Andy

Did you follow the installation instructions in the readme file included?

Are you using the CB login module?
Did you unpublish the joomla login module?
This shouldnt be happening...

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/09/04 13:03

17 years 7 months ago #20213 by amcvinnie
Replied by amcvinnie on topic Re:Registering New Users
Hi Nant

Yes, I did the install just as the Readme file said. I published all of CB's parts and unpublished Joomla's login module.

However, I think it may have been some sort of wierd fluke. Without changing anything at all, it now works...

Two friends of mine were helping me test the site as I was bringing parts online. The state problem happened to both of them when they first registered. After making this post, I decided to way, and I went on to working on my template. Then I decided to test it with some fake users and alternate email addresses of mine and they both worked. SO I deleted my two friends' accounts and had them try it again, and this time it worked.

I seriously did not mess with CB in the interum, so I do not know what happened. It is working now though.

Thanks
Andy

17 years 7 months ago #20233 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn