register globals fix for CB 1.0: list problem

17 years 7 months ago #22062 by tigi
Hi there,

I posted this question already on the joomla forum but didn't get an answer and the situation worries me for security reasons. Got hacked already once in the past and that's enough.

Quick fix for CB 1.0.1 (we will integrate nicer, already tested, fix in next release):

in begining of components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php add:

Code:

$limitstart = mosGetParam ( $_REQUEST, 'limitstart' , null ); //BBTEMPFIX
$search = mosGetParam ( $_REQUEST, 'search' , null ); //BBTEMPFIX

just after:

Code:

defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.' );

Edit: changed $_GET to $_REQUEST : the users search is a POST not a GET...

I tried this fix (for solving the list problem) and also read the rest of this thread and searched some more because it's not working for my site. Actually nothing changes, still impossible to view page 2 and further in lists. The only solution seems to be to set register global emulation on which I've done for my production site (Hopefully not another hack attempt the upcoming days). Have I missed some information?

I'm using Joomla 1.0.11 & CB 1.0.1 & CB_advanced-search2.0.4.

thxs, Marie-Anne

Marie-Anne
www.emma-design.nl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #22067 by beat
Aren't you using the user-lists of 3PD component CB_advanced-search2.0.4 ???

As CB_advanced-search is copying most of the users lists of CB 1.0, I wouldn't be surprised that it's affected by the same shortfalls... So probably the same cures would remedy it as well.

3PD component CB_advanced-search2.0.4 is not an official CB-team extension, so we can't support it directly.

Sorry for not replying on Joomla forum, can't monitor it all.

If this fixes it, please reply to yourself there (and also here), describing the exact fix, and with a link to this thread. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 7 months ago #22071 by beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

17 years 7 months ago #22082 by tigi
Thnx to Beat: the problem was indeed triggerd by CB_advanced_search.
The sollution is editing /components/com_cb_search/cb_search.php :

replace line 18:

[code:1]$limitstart = mosGetParam( $_REQUEST, 'limitstart', '' );[/code:1]

with:

[code:1]$limitstart = mosGetParam ( $_REQUEST, 'limitstart' , null ); //BBTEMPFIX[/code:1]

After that edit globals.php:

[code:1]define( 'RG_EMULATION', 0 );[/code:1]

and everything seems to work fine for me.

Marie-Anne

Marie-Anne
www.emma-design.nl

17 years 5 months ago #25192 by ollie_kl
Hi,

I have the same problem with CB Advanced Search 2.0.3.

I read all threads here and on forum.joomla.org but the two fixes don't solve my problem.

Any Ideas?

regards,
Ollie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn