Chucks Extended Profile

17 years 4 months ago #26590 by chucktrukk
Replied by chucktrukk on topic Re:Finding out the available fields
If you would like to know what all fields are available, place the following above the HTML in xtdUserProfile:

[code:1]
$debug = 1;
if ($debug == 1) {
echo '<pre>';
print_r($user);
echo '</pre>';
}
[/code:1]

If you want to leave it always on or only show it to you, you can also write it:

$debug = 1;
if ($debug == 1 && $my->id == "YourLoginInfo) {
echo '<pre>';
print_r($user);
echo '</pre>';
}

I think the $my->id should work. If not, you may need to add
global $my;

to the function.

Chuck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 4 months ago #26625 by radio
Replied by radio on topic Re:Finding out the available fields
How do i pull the cb menu on its own, I can get it with <?php echo $userViewTabs["cb_head"]; ?> but this displays the whole of the head tab, I want to posistion the menu separate from the rest of the head tab. I assume it can be done since you can get the avator with this command <?php echo $avatar_img; ?>, whats the command for the menu?

Interested in improving Joomla as a social networking platform? If yes join joomlaplazza.com

17 years 4 months ago #26626 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
Came acoss this forum recently and was wondering is there a file for installing it. Seems like something I would like to try out.

gypsydogg

17 years 4 months ago #26639 by nickwild
Replied by nickwild on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
Chuck,

This gets better and better!

I too would love to know how to pull each tab separately and also the data from each tab eo.g plug_cbconnections etc. I too need to be able to display a page like the mingleville page.

Cheers

Nick

17 years 4 months ago #26647 by chucktrukk
Replied by chucktrukk on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
Maybe someone out to PM beat or Nick to see if their is a way to pull an individual styled plugin, I was looking into the code but got confused.

I think the method (function) is in one of the class files under administrator/components/com_comprofiler/

I think it is getViewPlugins or something. If anyone want to try it, let me know how it works, because that would make this perfect.

Chuck

17 years 4 months ago #26702 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Chucks Extended Profile
chucktrukk wrote:

Maybe someone out to PM beat or Nick to see if their is a way to pull an individual styled plugin, I was looking into the code but got confused.

I think the method (function) is in one of the class files under administrator/components/com_comprofiler/

I think it is getViewPlugins or something. If anyone want to try it, let me know how it works, because that would make this perfect.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Just go to my profile and select "Send PM", this function is open to all members. ;)

Actually, a lot of these things can already be done using CB templates and clever CSS instructions in its template.css file.

E.g. position differently the CB positions to suit your needs, without any hacks in CB core, using CB template plugins.

Work on CB 1.1 has already started even before CB 1.0.2 was released, and includes already quite some further templating possibilities.

You should really get a good book or tutorial on CSS, as it really allows a lot of these changes without recoding php html generation. Check for CSS keywords "position", "display", etc.

All of that said, i'm not sure if it's really the site layout which is determinant to the success of a site, more than the community on it, the site usabilitiy, and information that can be found, and finally the possibilities that it offers to users to interact with each other...

But the feature request for greater templating possibilities has been heard, and contributions and suggestions using CB template plugin architecture are always welcome. :)

In a future release, we will very probably use the MVC paradigm introduced in Joomla! 1.5 in the CB template plugins, allowing for full templating. So any experimental work on CB into that direction will certainly help us.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn