Forum software which works with community board

14 years 10 months ago #102327 by k8FisherCIM
Hi can anyone offer me advice / guidance on the forum options available to users of community board. Which would you guys recommend? Ive been trialling ccboard but I suspect its not the package for me, there dont seem to be very many accessible options to change the interface, which isnt a criticism because god knows I couldnt create a piece of forum software, I just would appreciate thoughts from well seasoned community builderists.

When I installed CB on Joomla 1.5 fireboard had its listing on the Joomla website suspended because there were key security issues apparantly.

Is fireboard a possible solution? What else would you all recommend?

Many thanks for your opinions.

Kind Regards

Kate:blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #102330 by Rapunzl
Fireboard is obsolete. Kunena is what you're looking for.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 9 months ago #102707 by NateM
Frenzy Bulletin Board is another successor to fireboard, and features proper groups creation and permissions, which is kind of nice. The big problem is that they don't have as many templates and whatnot as kunena, right now. Check it out here:

www.f-bb.co.uk

Agora is also quite feature rich, although I wasn't able to get it working 100%.

www.joomlame.com

JFusion is also quite good, because it can integrate phpbb, smf, and more. It isn't quite as integreated into CB, but overall I'd say it's a great piece of software.

www.jfusion.org

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn