What happened to Mikko's APC???

15 years 5 months ago #79750 by Mkom
Replied by Mkom on topic Re:What happened to Mikko's APC???
Problem solved

Post edited by: Mkom, at: 2008/11/15 17:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #81409 by ryogi
Replied by ryogi on topic Re:What happened to Mikko's APC???
Mkom wrote:

Problem solved

Post edited by: Mkom, at: 2008/11/15 17:21

Did you find any alternative to the APC or you managed to make it work?

15 years 4 months ago #81454 by reverendspam
Replied by reverendspam on topic Re:What happened to Mikko's APC???
joomlashake.com appears a bit shakey :0

Ioncube is required to run the plug in so more than likely these files will also be encrypted.

Who are these folks? Is this the reincarnation of Mikko that dropped out of the community?

Their legal disclaimer was hard to find as it is a small link at the bottom offering a very one sided contract.

www.joomlashake.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2

I also see no information if this is a going to be a one time payment or a reoccurring payment scheme. Is there a timer built in that renders the program useless after 6 months. We will not know since it is encrypted and the contract states specifically that they can close their doors at anytime without retribution.

You may want to ask these questions before spending money.

I do not trust any mom and pop programming business that does not at least tell who they are by giving names, address, and contact phone numbers. There needs to be some accountability with these folks as there are rip off artist starting to crop up around the joomla community.

I like to be able to look at my code so I know there is no Trojan built into the software giving an unscrupulous programmer access to your users information.

No offense to whoever the owner is, but I would not have these questions if the website did not appear so clandestine.

I am also in law enforcement so my mind thinks this way naturally :)

-joe

Post edited by: reverendspam, at: 2008/12/07 18:29

15 years 4 months ago #81458 by sdhiphop
Replied by sdhiphop on topic Re:What happened to Mikko's APC???
I'm with you on this one reverendspam

It seems almost too weird. I've talked to others within the community and they have said the PROMA project is getting promised to be out of beta any day now but there's been very little talk from the developer. Which has been going on for almost 4 months now.

I'm wondering, has there been any talks about CB coming with a multi-registration form option so we wouldn't have to resort to "shaky" components?

It would almost seem like this option has been requested enough that the CB team would include it.

15 years 3 months ago #85273 by generator11
Replied by generator11 on topic Re:What happened to Mikko's APC???
I too am in the same boat with Proma / Joomlashake as I was with Mikko's APC back in July 08................this really sucks. The release has not come, the forum is down, there has been no response to emails.......

Is this ever going to be a feature of CB? It adds so much more functionality to the CB core, and if it can be done by Mikko then surely the CB team can give it a crack. Please please please!!!!!!
I cant believe that Proma are repeating Mikko's pattern, after all the talk of not going down that path. My client is right pissed off as this is a key part to the usability of their site, and another series of sites that we are currently working on. Would love to hear if someone has got this sorted.....

I too have checked out the legal disclaimer of Joomlashake and it gives no accountability whatsoever. I see that there are 320 members, if even half of those members have paid the US$40 then they have made $6400 in a couple of months off a product that is still not out of beta, but they have cleverly covered themselves by offering a 4mth subscription to their download service rather than an actual component.... I am starting to lose faith that i will ever see a working version of something like this one our many sites

A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single click of the mouse.....................

15 years 3 months ago #85344 by joomlashake
Replied by joomlashake on topic Re:What happened to Mikko's APC???
Hi @all,

first, we are not disappeared. We are still there and working hard at the new Proma release.

The forum is down, because we want to give our site a new face lift. And we answered all emails that we have recieved in the past. So, please tell me which emails we didn`t answer or send me your email again please. Thanks!

And by the way...all this 320 members are not paid members. The most of them are are "Freemembers", because they have registered, but not paid to get access to download proma. And Proma doesn`t cost 40$, it costs 29 $ since month.

Also the proma version for CB 1.1 is working with no problems.

The only thing we are working on is the new proma for CB 1.2 RC4, that will be released lately at the beginning of the next week. But there were so many changes during the release process from CB 1.2 RC1 to CB 1.2 RC4, that we have to wait for a stable release of CB 1.2, to do our job. And since this CB is released, a few weeks ago, we are working day and night, to get it proma working with RC4. So be a little bit patient for only a few more days, but than you will get it! And it will be a fantastic new component, that boost your community. Believe me!

And it is a one time payment. You can use the component for lifetime.

Regards

joomlashake

Post edited by: joomlashake, at: 2009/01/14 15:47

Post edited by: joomlashake, at: 2009/01/14 16:17

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.661 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn