CB for different groups

15 years 1 week ago #95101 by aciarlo
Replied by aciarlo on topic Re:CB for different groups
Thanks all for the information. I'm going to give this a try asap as long as I can get management here to authorize the $, will let you know how it goes.

A. Ciarlo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 week ago #95102 by aciarlo
Replied by aciarlo on topic Re:CB for different groups
I have 2 different websites with different needs.

1. will be paid access with multiple groups

2. will not require paid access but will have multiple groups.

My suggestion is to offer a form of CB Subs if possible for just multiple groups (subscription forms, etc.) without the 'paid access' features for free and the paid one, needs paid...

A. Ciarlo

15 years 1 week ago #95137 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB for different groups
aciarlo wrote:

I have 2 different websites with different needs.

1. will be paid access with multiple groups

2. will not require paid access but will have multiple groups.

My suggestion is to offer a form of CB Subs if possible for just multiple groups (subscription forms, etc.) without the 'paid access' features for free and the paid one, needs paid...

That was the idea of our first proposed pricing model of "pay-back-as-you-grow-and-earn". People not using payment would have paid only the initial license.

Unfortunately the benefits of that first proposal did not get understood, though we tried several times to show the benefits for users, and as general feedback to that proposal was 99% negative, we of course listened and came up with the final pricing model.

Several people who used said it was worth easily 4-digits figures...As you see, we didn't listen to them :D

Frankly for membership sites, and also for donations-driven sites which really earn donations, the price shouldn't be an issue, and is actually really reasonable for the extent of that component, and if you can't afford to invest 95 EUR in something to earn money, then maybe the business model itself should be questioned upfront ;) .

Even for ACL-only usage, it's a price which is in the market, and which gives a better control, more integration than most other solutions, and with zero hacks.

+ it works natively on Joomla 1.0, Joomla 1.5, and even on Mambo ! no need to change license and settings when migrating !

I'm pretty sure you will say "it's not expensive for all of that" once you see it. ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 1 week ago #95156 by RebelFlicks
Replied by RebelFlicks on topic Re:CB for different groups
I'll give it a try today. I can afford it.

It would be nice if there were a $35 light version with just group abilities for everyone else. Keep pressing for it. Maybe they will make it available.

Post edited by: RebelFlicks, at: 2009/04/16 09:54

15 years 1 week ago #95161 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:CB for different groups
I know as a CB Subs tester that, in the beginning, before I dove in myself, I had absolutely no clue as to the abilities and features this gem provides. Since then, several plugins have been added to extend usage even more.

I've been too busy testing to get my business off the ground, but I consider it such a time-saver (and face it peeps... nowadays, time is money and a very precious commodity) that I plan to implement it on at least two other domains, even if it does take some saving. It's a one-time payment for the license, and maintenace is cheap.

I've looked at and tried other "shopping carts" and ACL extensions, some of which cost much more when I included the cost of the addons I wanted. Sobi2 is free, but after adding up the paid addons, I decided it wasn't for me.

Other components simply don't come close to the control CB Subs allows. Integration is built in, so you don't need bridges or hacks! The ACL control doesn't hack Joomla's core as most, if not all other User Control extensions do.

Frankly, I was expecting CB Subs to be at least double the cost, with yearly fees (and I don't mean just a $20 maintenace fee either!). If you compare prices and features of other extensions, I highly doubt you could find anything that even remotely compares.

Think about it this way...

If you use The Starter Plan for only one year and find yourself too busy to keep it up, you've lost the cost of a couple foo-foo coffees or two fast-food lunches per month. Not only that, if you continue to use it, upgrades are only $20 a year, and one customer (or one family visit to McDonalds) can suck that up.
:blink:

Go ahead, read the features, compare and make up your own mind...
;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 1 week ago #95184 by tregi
Replied by tregi on topic Re:CB for different groups
RebelFlicks wrote:

I'll give it a try today. I can afford it.

It would be nice if there were a $35 light version with just group abilities for everyone else. Keep pressing for it. Maybe they will make it available.

Post edited by: RebelFlicks, at: 2009/04/16 09:54

I think this is reasonable.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn