Testing RC2 Plugin Installation Fails

15 years 6 months ago #72744 by chules
I have a new installation of Joomla 1.5.6 and Community Builder 1.2 RC2. During the initial installation of RC2 I received repeated messages about the pluginfiles not installing. I then created a directory "plugin" uzipped the files and copied. It appears that all is working.

I then tried to upload both the captcha and autowelcom plugins via the community builder plugin manager. The plugins are the ones for RC2. I receive the following errors on both installation attempts.

Upload showPlugins - Upload Failed

ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

Upload showPlugins - Failed
Installation file not found:
/var/www/vhosts/thekidfromnewark.com/httpdocs/images/comprofiler/install_48b9b8a0d030a/

Does anyone know how to successfully install plugins. This use to be a very straightforward process

Thank you chules

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #72771 by chules
Replied by chules on topic Re:Testing RC2 Plugin Installation Fails
Does anyone have an idea why I can not install any community builder plugins? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It continues to fail with the following error

ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

15 years 6 months ago #72799 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Testing RC2 Plugin Installation Fails
It could be a perms issue. Try chmodding your folders to 755.

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

15 years 6 months ago #72994 by chules
Replied by chules on topic Re:Testing RC2 Plugin Installation Fails
Mike,

Do you know what folders to change permissions on that are necessary to complete a plugin installation?

Thank you

Chules

15 years 6 months ago #73003 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Testing RC2 Plugin Installation Fails
If a change is needed at all, it should be listed in the readme.txt of the plugin. Which plugin? Are you trying to install in the CB/Plugins or Joomla/Install?

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2008/09/02 18:03

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 6 months ago #73006 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Testing RC2 Plugin Installation Fails
chules wrote:

Mike,

Do you know what folders to change permissions on that are necessary to complete a plugin installation?

Thank you

Chules

This folder:

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/ and everything below, like user/

and all below need to be writable by the installer (webserver, or in joomla 1.5 with ftp on, the ftp user).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn