Image Processing (ImageMagick)

15 years 6 months ago #77014 by krileon
Image Processing (ImageMagick) was created by krileon
If you're like me and for some reason CB refused to detect your imagemagic install. Then you need to kick CB in the butt with a core hack.

Alrighty, ready to get your hands dirty? Super super mega hard hack! No no I'm just kidding. It takes 2 seconds.

Locate:
[code:1]
/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php
[/code:1]

Go to line: 684
if ( true == ( $testIM = $this->testIM() ) ) {
$imageLibs = $testIM;
}

Change it to:
$imageLibs = $testIM;

Done. Save and you're ready to go. It'll now properly detect IM and process images with it. TAADAAA! =)

Me and my host was going nuts trying to figure this out, lol. PHP exec() was not disabled. Path was set. IM was installed, but CB didn't like it for some reason. Well now CB likes it and they play nice.

I did in fact test this and confirmed it does process images. I can now have animated resized avatars. :laugh:

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #77136 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:Image Processing (ImageMagick)
Nant and Beat, was this an acceptable hack?

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 6 months ago #77148 by al_morenas
Replied by al_morenas on topic Re:Image Processing (ImageMagick)
well, it seems to have worked as far as activating the imagemagick

ImageMagick Auto-detected
NetPBM Not installed
GD1 library Not installed
GD2 library Auto-detected, bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

imagemagick used to be "not installed" before the hack.

HOWEVER, my gallery or lightbox remains empty (blank) when clicked.

does anybody have the fix for this? thanks.

15 years 6 months ago #77151 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Image Processing (ImageMagick)
The hack will force activate imagemagick.

Do -NOT- use it if you do not have imagemagick installed or your thumbnails will screw up and you'll have to manually remove the files + database entries.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2008/10/13 05:44

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 4 months ago #82081 by csbm
Replied by csbm on topic Re:Image Processing (ImageMagick)
Thanks for the core hack..
server support told me im was installed and other scripts found it...

working now...
thanks
Matthew

15 years 4 months ago #82082 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Image Processing (ImageMagick)
csbm wrote:

Thanks for the core hack..
server support told me im was installed and other scripts found it...

working now...
thanks
Matthew

This is not needed with cb 1.2 rc4.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn