How to populate a CB Field with a Country List

16 years 7 months ago #45746 by agouldtdc
I don't have the "import as text file either" but the SQL worked a treat.

Thank you! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #45777 by nzimas
I have made some reordering and other amendments to the country list.
It's cleaner and more accurate now.

Attachment country_list_rev1.zip not found

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com
Attachments:

16 years 7 months ago #45779 by nzimas
San Marino is a sovereign state (one of the oldest, actually). The list i had access to placed it erroneously in Italy.

Attachment country_list_rev2.zip not found

Post edited by: nzimas, at: 2007/09/13 23:03

Professional Website: www.bittingbits.com
Attachments:

16 years 7 months ago #45927 by nachocano
Aca les adjunto la lista de paises en español.. el formato es como el archivo que esta en la sección Downloads (no es una sentencia SQL).

Las instrucciones y pasos a seguir estan en ingles en este articulo How to populate a CB Field with a Country List . más adelante lo puedo traducir si alguien lo necesita (no se si ya lo hicieron).

Son los paises reconocidos por las Naciones Unidas agregando algunos como taiwan y el vaticano.

Attachment lista_paises.txt not found

Attachments:

16 years 5 months ago #49959 by baijianpeng
Replied by baijianpeng on topic Country list - Can't it be more easier?
On many occasions, people need a country list to choose as well as State list and/or City list when they Register at some website.

So I think this should be a built-in function of C.B..

Maybe it is not easy to do this since users in different countries need localized/translated list entries too. Then, why not a plugin ?

Let me make a bold request. If the Country-State-City list will be as following:

When a certain country was selected at the first field "country", then the second dropdown list will ONLY show States in that country; if the visitor take step two to choose his State, then the third dropdown list will ONLY show Cities belong to that State.

I mean, let this plugin has more intelligence.

Then users will forget the SQL import stuff and just use this plugin to save more time and effort.

Could it be possible?

Thanks.

JoomlaGate

www.joomlagate.com

16 years 5 months ago #49960 by beat
I'm looking into this for a new field feature of next CB release. :)

What I'm looking for, and you could help us in that, is a full country and state/province list (country dependant), multi-lingual if possible... ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn