How to populate a CB Field with a Country List

16 years 5 months ago #50016 by baijianpeng
Replied by baijianpeng on topic Re:Country list - Can't it be more easier?
Sorry, I can't collect a correct and complete country/state list through out the world. But I can offer you a complete State list in China.

I suggest you look into another famous component VirtueMart. If I don't remember wrong, that component has a full country/state list all over the world.

If you finish this complete list, I can offer you the Chinese translation of that.

Thanks.

JoomlaGate

www.joomlagate.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #50073 by royce
Replied by royce on topic Re:Country list - Can't it be more easier?
beat wrote:

I'm looking into this for a new field feature of next CB release. :)

What I'm looking for, and you could help us in that, is a full country and state/province list (country dependant), multi-lingual if possible... ?

Is this related to Mikko's Condition plug-in? There has been some discussion related to making conditional drop downs Ajax based so all of the values for the drop downs are not downloaded when the page is initially displayed.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,14125/catid,13/limit,6/limitstart,0/

16 years 5 months ago #50308 by beat
We are working on a new CB version as well, which will include possibilities for extending field types. This would be one of them.

baijianpeng,

Thanks. Will try to keep this thread updated.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 4 months ago #51320 by mbacou
You can load a complete list in your backend mySQL database directly. I am attaching a sample CSV file that does the job.

16 years 4 months ago #51321 by mbacou
You can load a complete country list in your backend mySQL database directly, in the [clals_comprofiler_field_values] table. I am attaching a sample CSV file that does the job. Make sure to match the [fieldid] (e.g. replace "54" with the value of [fieldid] in your Country field.

Attachment country_list-07abbea56674a5e2d09c13538c942383.txt not found

Attachments:

16 years 1 month ago #58552 by MzT
Post edited by: MzT, at: 2008/03/10 23:35

Guilty like the masses of not reading enough of the previous posts before tying in the same ole question. I'd delete this if I could!

Post edited by: MzT, at: 2008/03/10 23:37

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.463 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn