#142 Session expired... enable cookies.

14 years 11 months ago #95356 by faisalsadaf
Replied by faisalsadaf on topic Re:#142 Session expired... enable cookies.
I also have this issue. Started about two weeks ago, and has been getting this error on some machines, not all.

Here are some details:

Environment: Joomla 1.5.5, Moodle 1.9.3
Authentication: CB 1.2 Stable (upgraded today, 20090417, had this issue before and after upgrade)
Bridge: JFusion 1.1.2-000
PHP v5.2.9
MySQL 5.0.75

I have gone through all fixes within the tool section of CB back-end console, no errors.

will provide site link in PM.

This is a production environment that started getting this error two weeks ago and I am in desparate need of some assistance. What other information can I provide to make it more meaningful?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #95384 by someguyiknow12
Replied by someguyiknow12 on topic Re:#142 Session expired... enable cookies.
Any Info on this topic yet about this error//cbmod_login is unusable until It's fixed..:unsure:

14 years 11 months ago #95448 by faisalsadaf
faisalsadaf wrote:

I also have this issue. Started about two weeks ago, and has been getting this error on some machines, not all.

Here are some details:

Environment: Joomla 1.5.5, Moodle 1.9.3
Authentication: CB 1.2 Stable (upgraded today, 20090417, had this issue before and after upgrade)
Bridge: JFusion 1.1.2-000
PHP v5.2.9
MySQL 5.0.75

I have gone through all fixes within the tool section of CB back-end console, no errors.

will provide site link in PM.

This is a production environment that started getting this error two weeks ago and I am in desparate need of some assistance. What other information can I provide to make it more meaningful?

Thanks in advance.

Some additional details on this issue:

- Registration works in Firefox 3.0.8. Breaks in IE 7, Safari, Opera, and Chrome.

- When I switch to the Joomla native login module, registration works fine.

- If I use cblogin, and disable Ajax username checker, then login works on some computers, not all.

- I have indeed gone through *each* of the posts in this thread and tried all recommendations listed, to no avail.

- If I use Joomla native login module, then obviously, the bridge to moodle breaks, something I can't afford to do.

Can someone contact me directly and let me know if they help me fix this issue? I'm willing to pay (please be reasonable in your quote). This is for a non profit organization, I need to fix this asap ...

sendmail0 at gmail dot com

Thanks

Post edited by: faisalsadaf, at: 2009/04/17 22:34

14 years 11 months ago #95452 by faisalsadaf
Is there an alternative to CB? I am willing to try something different. Any suggestions? Whatever I get, it has to work with JFusion so I can authenticate into more than one system at once. Currently authenticating into Joomla, and passing the authorization to Moodle via JFusion.

Thanks

14 years 11 months ago #95455 by beat
someguyiknow12 wrote:

Issue same here, I have come across this issue before, that was with Joomla 1.0.13 // Now today I run Joomla Version 1.5.10 // I have done these few things to help narrow this issue.

Shared Server
MySql 5.0
Php5
Joomla 1.5.10
CB 1.2 (downloaded today-again)
__
A few plug ins.
__
So how I got to this issue: It worked before I hadn't installed anything new, I am not new to Joomla as mentioned earlier, I viewed SEF being the issue,turned it off. Reverted back to default htaccess.txt

Cleaned MYSQL DB of CB / Uninstalled all CB com,mod,plugins ect..

Issue continues.

Now with Joomla basic login works fine.
With CB login doesn't work.

With both enabled (Joomla login & CB login) Login using the Joomla based, ables to login -
Results:
img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cbloginform.jpg
___
When you login to the top box (CB) it gets
( Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in. )
___

So when I log out - (if logged in with CB) Then remove the Joomla login////Try to log out/// It goes to: "Session expired or cookies - error"..
__
So for some odd reason after the testing doesn't make sense because you want to blame it on other COM or MODS but truly simply is the fact that it's the CB MOD login, how I don't know.

Can I recreate it - not sure.
Feels as though the cookie is not being carried over. Why? I'm not that good that's where BEAT comes in do0d - help us please haha.

P.S. Friend registered won the website,so registration works great/its the mod_login

Post edited by: someguyiknow12, at: 2009/04/15 05:57

Sorry we have been busy on releasing CBSubs front last week, so couldn't reply earlier. But now that is done, so have more time for CB again :)

I saw lately an intermittant error in a template styleswitcher php file !

That did from time to time error (typically when there is no REFERRER link sent back by browser). That can break cookies sending in particular cases.

Try following:

1) try default template
2) turn joomla debug on and check that there are no notices/warnings displayed during the CB redirect.

As last resort you can disable CB's anti-spam cookies handling (putting you at same level than joomla 1.5 or 1.0 mechanisms) in comprofiler.class.php at begin of file:

define("_CB_SPOOFCHECKS",1);

to 0. This doesn't mean it's a bug in CB, but it should make CB not do its own spoof checks, so security is less and you might experience more spam registrations if you do not use captcha.

Keep us posted in all cases :)

faisalsadaf,

CB 1.2 works fine with JFusion in master mode.

Try the things proposed above, if problem persists, PM me and i will try to find someone with reasonable rate to help you solve this.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #97984 by bertm
Replied by bertm on topic Re:#142 Session expired... enable cookies.
COOKIE SOLUTION (for some conditions at least). I was able to isolate and reproduce this condition when registering at my site without the WWW in the URL. My DEV site did not have this problem for obvious reasons. In other words:

dev.domain.com and www.domain.com OK

domain.com == cookie failure

so I added a command to HTACCESS to force the WWW. Now, any calls to the site that lack the www are rewritten to include it. This is the code.

[code:1]RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L][/code:1]

I don't know if this covers every case out there, but it covers one case that I was able to reproduce.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn