Tabs in Edit Your Details

15 years 2 months ago #83720 by mattfaulds
Tabs in Edit Your Details was created by mattfaulds
Hi

I'm having trouble with the reordering of tabs as they are displayed when a user clicks through to their profile page and then Edit -> Update Your Profile. I've been able to rearrange tabs for all other areas with the various options that are available and by looking through the forum. However, I just can't get the Portrait tab to come after Contact Info (see attached pic). Has anyone worked out how to change this?

FYI - in Tab Management, Portrait is set to be last for both profile and registration ordering but this has made no difference.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #83751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
This is due to tab positioning. Portrait tab is assigned to middle or left. While the other tabs are assigned to tabmain. This is giving it higher priority so to speak and will appear, tab wise, before the other tabs. Changing its tab position can fix this, but you'll then not have it located where you so desire.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #83828 by mattfaulds
Replied by mattfaulds on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
Ah, I suspected something like that.

Any way to unpublish the portrait tab? Basically, I have some pretty non-technical site members and they are having difficulty finding the right place to edit their passwords so I want to make it absolutely simple! An alternative would be to link directly to the contact details edit page but I don't think that's possible without showing the tabs.

Any ideas?

15 years 2 months ago #84614 by bobhair
Replied by bobhair on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
Did you try Tab Management and change position? I think you need to move it to tabmain. Right now it's assigned to middle.

15 years 2 months ago #84631 by mattfaulds
Replied by mattfaulds on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
Thanks for the suggestion bobhair. I've fiddled with the tab positioning but I hadn't actually tried publishing portrait in tabmain. That does allow you to reorder the tabs as shown in Edit Your Details BUT you now have an unsightly profile page so you can't win! The problem is that the tab ordering in Edit Your Details is controlled by the ordering on the profile page. This is just as Krileon suggested.

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the Portrait tab appearing in Edit Your Details without unpublishing the portrait tab or moving it to tabmain etc? It's a bit over the top really as there is a separate menu entry for editing the profile picture anyway.

15 years 2 months ago #85460 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Tabs in Edit Your Details
mattfaulds wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to stop the Portrait tab appearing in Edit Your Details without unpublishing the portrait tab or moving it to tabmain etc? It's a bit over the top really as there is a separate menu entry for editing the profile picture anyway.

The shortly upcoming privacy plugin allows to do this setting in backend (even if you don't use the other privacy features) :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn