language string in registration email

15 years 2 months ago #86566 by kanadezos
language string in registration email was created by kanadezos
Hi everybody,

I have been using CB for only a couple of weeks and althought I've searched the forum for this issue I'm stuck at this (probably silly)question: how do you use a language string in the email message in the registration configuration. I've tried to use(),[] and {} but no success. :dry: Only the language strings the way I wrote it appears on the mail (ex [_UE_EMAIL_MSG])
What do I use to make it active?

thanx in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #86580 by kanadezos
Replied by kanadezos on topic Re:language string in registration email
ok guys sorry,

I just figured out that this is possible only for field titles and not text areas - I wanted this to be able to have multilingual registration emails.

I'm now trying to make the _UE_EMAILFOOTER message appear before this email text that is configurable in the backend. In this way, I can use the footer as the main email message since it is translated, and, at the end, the backend configurable text-area for the confirm registration link and user details.

Does anybody know where I can change the order of the email msg and _UE_EMAILFOOTER? I've been looking at comprofiler.class.php but not much luck yet

[code:1]$message.="\n\n".sprintf(_UE_EMAILFOOTER,cb_html_entity_decode_all($_CB_framework->getCfg( 'sitename' )),$_CB_framework->getCfg( 'live_site' ))."\n";[/code:1]

Does "\n\n" represent the backend text area email msg?

If anyone has any ideas ,

thanks,

15 years 1 month ago #89087 by fnordorn
Replied by fnordorn on topic Re:language string in registration email
...subscribing this ...

15 years 1 month ago #89273 by leven
Replied by leven on topic Re:language string in registration email
hi everyone

I have subscribed to the documentation but I still cannot find an answer...

From what I see you can either do this:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,40/id,53754/#53754

or the solution of smeallum:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,65590/catid,27/limit,6/limitstart,6/

Or maybe to use the_UE_EMAILFOOTER message by making it appear before the email text (described in this thread).

Does anybody know how I can change the order of the email msg and _UE_EMAILFOOTER? In the comprofiler.class.php?

Or is there a better way to do this?
Can someone shed some light on this PLEASE? I really need this to go live and I'm stuck.

Thank you,

(PS:By the way i am the same person who started this thread (kanadezos) but my email has been cancelled (@caramail.com) and i had no password so i created a new account.)

15 years 1 month ago #89522 by leven
Replied by leven on topic Re:language string in registration email
hi to all,

Ok finally I settled for the solution of smeallum.

It is a really good solution because it allows you to keep the [] functionality.

[NAME][USERNAME][PASSWORD][CONFIRM][FIELDNAME], etc

The other link solution posted in this thread does not allow this.

Ps: you can also apply this solution to the welcome email message as well following the same instructions.

By the way I could never get the language strings to actually work on the Pending Approval Subject and the Welcome Subject althought it is clearly stated that it is possible:

''You can use language strings or leave subject and email blank to suppress email sending.''

So anyway thanks to smeallum I dont need to anymore.

14 years 10 months ago #97230 by asgard
Replied by asgard on topic Re:language string in registration email
This response from Nick (Nant) on an old locked thread -

you should be able to get the exact same effect if you use a language string in the email message in the registration confguration. no code changes needed.

Nick A.
CB Core Team Member

indicates language strings can be used in defining the welcome message in the backend. This is obviously way superior to the other approach which requires hacking the CB files and never using the CB backend again!

Nick - are you able to explain how to do this? In searching for an answer I've found a number of posters encountering this problem.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn