Tooltip Overlay is transparent

14 years 5 months ago #114429 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Tooltip Overlay is transparent
masteruser wrote:

Okay the good message is I found out why this problem accurs. It comes up that CB pluginmanager is wide open and delivers the chance that any CSS included in a plugin will be able to overwrite the main template CSS or the CB CSS.

Trying to understand. Do you mean that the issue you are having is in fact related to some other CB plugin (none CB Team related) caused this issue?

This would explain why every attempt to reproduce was not successful.

Perhaps you can share with us which CB Plugin was causing this behavior?

So how can you solve it. Well just write a workaround. Download any Tooltip extension you find out there and that you like. Then go into the code of CB and delete every call for a tooltip. After that insert a call to your tooltip extension that you uploaded and installed to joomla. What will that do. Well it will give you a steady tooltip loading everywhere on your site incl. the tabbed areas of CB. The problem is that CB calls the Tooltip in different areas with different matters. So sometimes it gets overwritten by another class and sometimes not. This ends up in a total chaos. And it will lead you to where I was lead to an almost not understandable situation. What I suggest to the CB delvelpers is to include such a workaround into either the CB Pluginmanager with a tooltip plugin or to hardcode a tooltip popup into the CB code so that it prevents it from beeing overwritten. Both solutions would work fine and are more easy for you to do beacause you know your code best. It was a running the gauntlet for me to understand at least this thing in your codebase. But I am sure things alike that will come up when people want to use different plugins connected to CB.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Anyway thank you for your blame for beeing felt stupid - and you can close this thread as solved by the user. :evil:

Waiting for your potential reply and then will
closing your thread once again - at your suggestion.

Post edited by: nant, at: 2009/10/18 10:33

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #114567 by masteruser
Replied by masteruser on topic Re:Tooltip Overlay is transparent
well I haven`t installed much plugins because as said I went over and over the whole CB integration into Joomla and so I made a fresh install of Joomla 1.5.14 and CB 1.2.1 - then I chose the joomla template ja_purity - so far everything seems nice and running. Then I installed Kunena forum and activated your plugin that comes with CB called Forum integration etc. I assume that you read between the lines that I am of course always configuring and connect one to another via the configuration tools given in the different components and plugins. So I went on installing all kind of plugins to joomla, components and modules. Some of them have individual CSS or js calls. Well and suddenly the overlib call - or the tooltip call etc... is receiving a different background behaviour once opened in the tab box in CB. But this for example doesnt happen everywhere in CB - strange but true. This lead me to the point of writing a workaround instead of looking around where the heck this bastard is coming from (actually the looking around also didn`t lead me to a positive result which made me end up posting into the forum here - so I lost allready quite a lot of time scaning without a result). What I did was - I installed a plugin into joomla for tooltips. Then I deleted all tooltip calls in CB and exchanged them to call instead the tooltip plugin (bot) which I installed to joomla. It needs a little bit progging skills to be able to do that and of course it is depending on the tooltip plugin that you found out there and how it is constructed. As a result I have one designed tooltip that appears allover the site in the same matter and way and I don`t have to scan everything in CB anymore when I install a new plugin or component that might overwrite the tooltip function. A long story short - I gave up scaning for a certain plugin which caused this phenomenon to come up - but instead wrote a little bit of code and installed a 3rd party tooltip plug to joomla so now I have controll over the look and feel of any tooltip appearing on the site.
So I would suggest to CB-Team for future releases or maybe inbetween the time to develope a tooltip plugin for CB - instead of using the dependent tooltip configuration of every template that might be out there causing this potential trouble. Also a nice to have ad on would be to place it with a little js library effect alike jquery, mootools or else to have it appear in different styles or fading boxes etc ... I hope you understand what I mean and take this as a suggestion and not as critic.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn