Fine tuning a creative tab

18 years 3 months ago #2546 by spikec
Fine tuning a creative tab was created by spikec
I built a creative tab per Nick's instructions -- worked like a champ and easy to understand tutorial. Now I'm trying to fine tune it a little. Here's where I'm stuck:

1. When I put in a link with the wsiswyg editor, clicking on the link on my profile page takes the user directly to the linked site and outside of mine. I tried putting a little javascript in with the html editor to create a pop-up window for the link, but it doen't work. (Probably because there is no access to the <head> section.) Any ideas how to get this to work?

2. I also tried embedding a media player with links to music videos so my kids can have their favorite music videos show in their profile. No workie. Has anyone had any success embedding video?

Fwiw, I'm building a community site for my kids to keep them away from the perverts and pedophiles over at AOL and MySpace.;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2557 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Fine tuning a creative tab
Which wysiwyg editor are you using? The most commen that I have seen is mosCE (latest version 1.03 final) located at www.cellardoor.za.net/mosce/component/option,com_docman .

If you are using that then within the URL edit page there is an option in a dropdown called taget. Select _Blank (Open in new window) and that should fix it.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #2616 by spikec
Replied by spikec on topic Re:Fine tuning a creative tab
Thanks for your help. I just switched over to the mosCE which seems to be a whole lot better than the tinyCE. At lest they have a browse option when uploading an image -- you don't have to type in a URL. Do you know how to get this browse function to look at files on the user computer rather than the host?

18 years 3 months ago #2621 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Fine tuning a creative tab
You need to go to the mosCE admin in the back, then in the plugins change the Load Image Manager: from Author to Registered, then in the Image Mannager tab change Allow Image Uploads.: from Author to Registered. The cool thing about this is that if you want you can also give them rights to delete, edit, folder create delete etc. because the system automatically creates a user folder for them and they can't effect others or the system pictures. Thanks for asking because until I checked it out for the answer I did not know this.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #2626 by spikec
Replied by spikec on topic Re:Fine tuning a creative tab
Thanks Risk, you are huge.

Since a folder is created for the user, I would think it would be possible to use this folder as a user image gallery. Kind of a poor man's gallery without the headache of all the problems with Zoom 2.5.rc1.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn