[SOLVED] CBSubs to change username first time user subscrib

13 years 6 months ago #144467 by Ducatiklubben
Replied by Ducatiklubben on topic Re:CBSubs to change username first time user subscrib
krileon wrote:

Then using CBSubs SQL Actions isn't the best approach as everytime they resubscribe/renew it will re-execute that query.

Ok, so it seems to better to drop the CBSubs SQL Action plugin because user will do renewal in next year.

There's only 1 registration, but yes you can configure it to execute a query/queries after registration.

so it seems to be the incubator project that can be the solution here. I want to execute the query for all users but only when registration finish.

I just thought of something else, could it be possible to use CBSubs SQL action and in the query check if the username is a number? if it is, the query exits. If it isn't, then the query will change the username. In this way it would not make any different if the query executes every time a user do renewal.
Sorry for all the question, I'm not that good in SQL. and thanks for all your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144471 by krileon

so it seems to be the incubator project that can be the solution here. I want to execute the query for all users but only when registration finish.

This is completely doable all need be is select the After Registration trigger.

I just thought of something else, could it be possible to use CBSubs SQL action and in the query check if the username is a number? if it is, the query exits. If it isn't, then the query will change the username. In this way it would not make any different if the query executes every time a user do renewal.

Yes, a more complex query but is certainly doable. Please review the documentation here . I've already written the query for you...

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145665 by Ducatiklubben
Replied by Ducatiklubben on topic Re:CBSubs to change username first time user subscrib
krileon wrote:

It's possible the query is happening and CB is storing AFTER the query causing the first + last to override the new username.

I can't get it to work properly and above seems to be the thing that is happening.
I have done some further testing and everything seems to work if I not using the #__user table to save the data.

I found another thread on the forum regarding the problem:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38%3E/func,view/catid,89/id,112663/#112663

Do you know if there has been any progress on the bug #1295?

Post edited by: Ducatiklubben, at: 2010/11/06 16:47

13 years 5 months ago #145738 by krileon
#1295 has been scheduled for fixing in CBSubs 1.2.0. It is not a critical issue as it only affects backend. A user registering on frontend, etc.. will work perfectly fine and avoid this issue all together. You could always logout of frontend and register the user on frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145755 by Ducatiklubben
All test I have done has been registrations of new members via frontend. BUT I have activated the user in the backend. I guess that this could be the problem?

We will have users that will do offline payments and need to be activated via backend so this might be a showstopper right now for me.

How far away is 1.2?

13 years 5 months ago #145757 by krileon
Activating a subscription via CBSubs > Baskets should work fine. Maybe something wrong with your query if it's not working on frontend as is tested working fine by any means other then editing the user directly in User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn